Emerald Lakes, Canada

A brilliant picture. One of the very best to grace this forum in fact. One that stirs the both the heart and mind. This to be offers far more “mood” and atmosphere than any other sort of conditions.

Only crit I can offer is it’s not how I’d quite crop or compose. I’d crop some of the right off to the point of losing the reeds.

Last edited:
digi
A brilliant picture. One of the very best to grace this forum in fact. One that stirs the both the heart and mind. This to be offers far more “mood” and atmosphere than any other sort of conditions.

Only crit I can offer is it’s not how I’d quite crop or compose. I’d crop some of the right off to the point of losing the reeds.
Thank you VM for your comment it is very kind. I don't disagree with your point about cropping some off the RHS I did consider this but liked the reflections of the trees in the water. I often find that I change my mind re crops and PP when I revisit the images sometimes months later and my well do with this one. That is the beauty of digital and shooting in RAW. Also when other people view the images for the first time they see a totally different image to the one that the photographer sees when the shutter is pressed.
I appreciate all comments and critiques, it is the quickest way to learn.

Thanks edz
I have cloned out weeds on the left and the picture on my wall has the RHS weeds clones out!!!

Back