Emerica skateboard demo Mile End, London

Edit My Images
No
The Emerica team visit Mile End skatepark and put on a pretty good demo yesterday, despite the rain.

8690933894_82889d9fd1_b.jpg

Andrew Reynolds, one of the most iconic skateboarders of the past 20 years, was in attendance:

8690949970_ce1a983cf0_b.jpg

Damn! I really wanted to go to that.

I was in London whilst the Manchester demo took place, and in Manchester when the London demo took place :(

shots look good!

I love skating that park

Technically I don't think that this is a very good photo - but when you get a shot of a living legend skating past you at high speed it becomes a keeper!

8700079824_1cba31e373_b.jpg

And Heath Kirchart - Emerica team manager, and the first guy to kickflip boardslide a handrail, all the way back in the early nineties.

8700080066_d2ae0804cf_b.jpg

Looks like a good event. Nice photos, were you just shooting as part of the crowd or shooting for a magazine etc?

Looks like a good event. Nice photos, were you just shooting as part of the crowd or shooting for a magazine etc?

I was just shooting as part of the crowd, although at the end I did wander around for a bit.

I found it really challenging though - I swapped lenses too often, was never in the right place at the right time, and left my Speedlite at home (partly because I didn't want to pack a full kit for a trip into one of London's sketchiest areas!).

That shot of Heath was done with my Sigma 70-300mm cheap and cheerful zoom, stretched all the way. VR would really help at that length - I really should upgrade.

Hard to find a good place to put the skater at these demos, the second one of the boss flipping would be very good if that wall full of graffiti wasn't there, the board is lost.

Hard to find a good place to put the skater at these demos, the second one of the boss flipping would be very good if that wall full of graffiti wasn't there, the board is lost.

Very true - and it does bug me. A non-skater might not even notice the board at all and simply think that it's a guy jumping over a bump in the ground. Shooting the board from this angle probably wasn't a great idea to be honest.

Back