Emie and Doll

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
A candid type photo of my Grandaughter, Emie

I'm pretty happy I've got most of it right but I'm sure there's something I've missed :thinking:

Canon 1000D with 50mm 1.8 lens
Aperture priority ISO 400 1/100sec f1.8 Partial metering No flash

Your comments, please, and thanks for taking the time :wave:

emie_and_doll.jpg

I was hoping that someone on the Forum would have some kind of view... god or bad... that might help me with my photography... :bang:

Ok I'll start- the image is a little soft and needs a little application of un-sharp mask in Photoshop

very soft around the eyes and mouth and her hair- I have done a subtle quick edit to show the difference a tad of PP makes I sharpened the imaged added a little light- cropped away the dead space left of the dolls head, to suit and added a small border(y) took me 3 mins

you could of course choose to shoot at a smaller aperture ( ie above f1.8) which in turn lowers the shutter speed so a tripod or fill flash would be needed to capture some depth and above all focus on the eyes

Les :D

1. Original

2.EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:
Les, thanks for the advice and edit. I'm always concious of going too far with the Sharpening but your version just adds that touch more detail. I did slightly boost the colours already.
Cheers
Graham

No worries Fella, it's all about practise with PP :bang:

Glad to be of help

Les :D

Cheers, Les.

Just ordered Lightroom 4 to update from Photoshop 5 ( yes, the 12 year old version! :LOL: )

Hope I can get a bit more serious about the editing!

Cheers, Les.

Just ordered Lightroom 4 to update from Photoshop 5 ( yes, the 12 year old version! :LOL: )

Hope I can get a bit more serious about the editing!

Lightroom 4 is certainly an improvement on Photoshop 5 :eek:

I use Photoshop CS 5 Extended Edition - expensive I know, but I'm a Must have type of guy :LOL::LOL:

Les (y)

Yep, not pushing the boat out that far just yet. Maybe false economy, I know, but it'll do me for now (y)

Anyone with any more observations?

Yep, not pushing the boat out that far just yet. Maybe false economy, I know, but it'll do me for now (y)

Anyone with any more observations?

I agree- I started with Photoshop Elements and worked my way up :LOL:

Les (y)

Back