Emley Moor Mast

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Hi Folks,

I went to get this one last night, well worth getting ripped to shreds by a hawthorn bush only to find a gate 100 yards down. I did do some telephoto landscapes that came out ok but I liked the colour of these ones. Thoughts always welcome

IMG_5574-Edit.jpg

you managed to do what I was thinking about last night! I'd spent a couple of hours in the garden after work and after getting cleaned up and looking out the window thought about having a drive to see if I could get a decent shot of the mast and the sunset....

didn't quite get round to it though :(

Lovely shot, Brilliant colours, great composition, in General a (y) from me

The color one is great. Well spotted diagonals. love it :)

What I love best about it is it looks like two images put together the right (dusk) and the left (evening) but still looking fluid.

I like the colours....but theres two three things that niggle me [sorry]

1. The bottom wire on the fence, is begging to be straight into a corner. :LOL:
2. The wire of the fence cuts Emley Moor Mast in half.
3. The mast looks to be leaning, and thats what my eye sticks on. :|

I'd spotted those adele but was too lazy to alter them, I knew the wire was cutting the mast when I was composing it but there was no other way to get the shot I wanted and keeping all the elements I liked in, it seems easy to say lift the camera up a few inches but it looked completely different. I had thought about warping the wire down but in the end I just removed it (losing the diagonal element!). The lens correction has just about kept in things but I think it might be a little cramped.

IMG_5574-Edit2.jpg

It's a shame, but for me, the lack of the wire at the top just looks unnatural and spoils the shot a bit. Straight tower is deffo a winner though :)

Hmmmm...

I can see an interesting sunset shot on the left half of the image, and a not very interesting field shot (with a tiny mast in the distance) on the right half of the image

Either alone would be a shot, together, it's just confusing a bit as I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be looking. Adding to the confusion is the shot title as it's clearly not a shot of Emley Mast at all - it just happens to be in shot as there's nothing (title accepted) about it that tells me it's a shot of Emley Mast

Sorry this doesn't sound very positive Pete

However, I really like the left half and think it's a great as a BW conversion too

There, 2 positives!

:)

DD

Really nice work, I like it a lot , the mono has the egde for me though as I love black and white too

The colour one is really nice I like the way the sun is portrayed, know that mast well I go shooting near there twice a year at the Emley Moor AGC on the farm behind Wooley Edge services, nice area.
Nev

Hi Folks,

I went to get this one last night, well worth getting ripped to shreds by a hawthorn bush only to find a gate 100 yards down. I did do some telephoto landscapes that came out ok but I liked the colour of these ones. Thoughts always welcome

IMG_5574-Edit.jpg

nice shot pete, if you dont mind me asking what nd grads did you use for this shot?

The original was the best IMO. only required the Mast aligning.
I've been up to the mast observation room - it's an amazing view

Back