Emma came 5th - *NEW photo added*

:eek::eek::eek::eek:SORRY, looks a lot older, and no longer engaged:thumbsdown::crying:

Oh dear... soz to hear that m8

But hey, these 15 yr olds today do look good don't they (compared to the spotty geeks of my 15 yr-old-ness)

If ever the term 'Jail-bait' meant anything - it does today !!!

:shake::shake::shake:

DD

So it worked ok Dave cheers for the mail, all you have to do now is explain to Adele, good luck.
Sorry Adele only joking well about the explanation bit and may be about the pictures comments, enjoy the rainy Sunday and what,s left of the weekend you two.

Les F

I might be best trying to figure it out myself Les! :LOL:

Grrrrr

I've learnt something new here thanks to a Landscape tog !!!

And to consider the channels from Photon too

What a fun, useful place TP can be eh

:clap::clap::clap:

DD

I'll grr at you :razz::razz:

How do you make studio work look so good? better than the one's see in the papers IMO (y)

That's very nice of you m8 (y)

Seeing as many on here, and local to me too, use the same sort of gear I can only assume we use it 'better' than others are doing :shrug:

But without going to others' studios or vice versa it's a hard one to comment on really

There's not an awful lot of PP work in our (Adele & I) work, it's just getting it right at capture mostly

Cheers though

DD

What so are you Adele like in partnership/business with each other?

How does it all work?

I was seriously thinking about setting a studio up in my garage, then like just do shoots for local people and that. I think it was on youtube where someone said you need three lights all together, one on the left side of the model. one on the right side of the model and one in front of the model. Is that right? :thinking:

What so are you Adele like in partnership/business with each other?

How does it all work?

I was seriously thinking about setting a studio up in my garage, then like just do shoots for local people and that. I think it was on youtube where someone said you need three lights all together, one on the left side of the model. one on the right side of the model and one in front of the model. Is that right? :thinking:

Adele works for me but is self-employed, that said, we're working more as a partnership

3 lights is the most common 'white-room' set-up, that also gives a high degree of flexibility for non-white-room styles too

It's usual to have 2 lights on the rear to create the white background, and 1 to light your subject

The idea is to recreate sunlight, hence I use an octagonal softbox (they don't make round ones) rather than a square one. The softness of light is due to it being a large softbox and used close to the subject

HTH

DD

Ah i see, so i could paint some wood white and stick it on the wall and have my models sit in front of it :LOL:

Would that be possible?

Tony

EDIT: Now thinking about it, if the paint runs it will be noticible in my pictures :( lol

EDIT: Now thinking about it, if the paint runs it will be noticible in my pictures :( lol

Yes it would be possible and no you wouldn't see any 'runs' in the paint if using the 'white-room' style

If not lighting the background, you still wouldn't see the runs if the subject was more than 3-4ft away from the background as it'd be OOF anyway

It's not that critical

DD

Ahh thanks for that (y)

I'll see if i can get to a timer yard around the corner from me tonight (y)

Would the little Halogen lights be alright for lighting? (Sorry about so many question, ust can't wait to get a space sorted now :LOL:)

Ahh thanks for that (y)

I'll see if i can get to a timer yard around the corner from me tonight (y)

Would the little Halogen lights be alright for lighting? (Sorry about so many question, ust can't wait to get a space sorted now :LOL:)

Halogen is fine, but 'little' isn't - you need lots of power really and variable too. Just makes sure whatever you use has the same light type as your WB will be out otherwise

DD

Ah right cool, I think i am in the mood for a shopping spree :LOL:

Halogen lampa
Some wood and white paint
Maybe an white sheet (But would be a pain if got stains on :LOL:)

I want to go B & Q now :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ah right cool, I think i am in the mood for a shopping spree :LOL:

Halogen lampa
Some wood and white paint
Maybe an white sheet (But would be a pain if got stains on :LOL:)

I want to go B & Q now :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If anything, use the sheet as the background and the painted wood as the studio floor

DD

Ah, so then i need to get a stand of some sort

There is carpet on the floor in there at the mo, i think that is going to be ripped up and chucked out. I am going to go in there in a minute and see if i can see where things could go

I might even have a "tester" model already :D

image003.jpg

They are the sort of thing i meant (y)

Back