Emotion

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
emotion2.jpg

Its not as good as I originally planned. I was going for a photobooth kind of shot. Similar to something from Amelie. I'm just not that good with portraits really. I've got a lot to learn about how to handle skin tones, and various things. I feel the black and white conversion soften the detailed. That aside I do feel it says "emotion" without any words. I hope so anyway.

Nice idea (y)

I think one slight change that would change the whole feel of the shot (for the better)

Portrait shots instead of landscape.

better than my sleeping leopard!b

Marcel said:
Nice idea (y)

I think one slight change that would change the whole feel of the shot (for the better)

Portrait shots instead of landscape.

Quite possibly yeah. The problem was the proximity of my wardrobe to the flash. About 5 cm :) It didn't quite bounce the light right. I was simply tempted to visit a photobooth and do it that way for authenticity.

I think the thing to do would be to actually get yourself in to an emotional frame of mind and document it, other wise you're going to end up with something that says bloke messing about in front of the camera, faking emotion. That's where I'd want to see the authenticity

Sean_Mcr said:
I think the thing to do would be to actually get yourself in to an emotional frame of mind and document it, other wise you're going to end up with something that says bloke messing about in front of the camera, faking emotion. That's where I'd want to see the authenticity

Well yeah but thats not exactly easy to do :)

Back