Empty Streets

I like the first two... for different reasons. The first feels quite calming and the processing makes it an interesting and engaging image despite the lack of... well... anything! The second is just interesting and the discarded cigarette packet (?) adds something - just a sense of the world going on its usual business, except for the market for some reason.

I like the first two... for different reasons. The first feels quite calming and the processing makes it an interesting and engaging image despite the lack of... well... anything! The second is just interesting and the discarded cigarette packet (?) adds something - just a sense of the world going on its usual business, except for the market for some reason.
Thank you for taking the time to comment. I think 1 is my favourite of the set because it is so empty.

Cheers Matt and I agree I've never seen it so empty either.

I'm afraid number one is my least favourite as I think it's the least good as a picture. The large expanses of shutter on either side are a significant weakness. No 2 is better framed and I like the movement in the figures. No 3 is even better, with a better composed ceiling and the clever inclusion of the thing (can/grating?) in the foreground. To top it off you've caught the figure very well.

I like the first one a lot, I think the lines on the shutters really lead your eye down the street.

Ruddy good shout with the shutters number
Thanks!

I'm afraid number one is my least favourite as I think it's the least good as a picture. The large expanses of shutter on either side are a significant weakness. No 2 is better framed and I like the movement in the figures. No 3 is even better, with a better composed ceiling and the clever inclusion of the thing (can/grating?) in the foreground. To top it off you've caught the figure very well.

Number one is the strongest - graphic, minimalistic, well processed and has an element of visual narrative
James

Thanks all, it appears 1 is a marmite shot. I appreciate the time taken to comment on my images by all of you.

RomneyTansley, thanks for your comments on image 1, I appreicate critique and you've taken time explain why you didn't like the image specifically I'd appreciate some more of your thoughts on why you think the shutters are a significant weakness.

number two is the pick for me, I don't know if it is, but it looks like kids playing. the movement defiantly adds to the shot

Back