Empty Underground

J Collingridge

Suspended / Banned
Name
J
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I thought id start my posting by showing some of my favourite images. These are part of a set I started in 2010 when I was at Uni and continue to shoot when I can.

More in the set and other images are on my website

www.jcollingridge.co.uk

EmptyUndergroundII.jpg

EmptyUndergroundIII.jpg

EmptyUndergroundIV.jpg

EmptyUndergroundVI.jpg

EmptyUndergroundV.jpg

All shot on - 5D Mk2 & 24mm TS-E Lens

Last edited:
Some really nice images there J, what processing did you use?

Amazing processing, looks nothing like the real underground!!! How did you do this?

Some really nice images there J, what processing did you use?

Thanks

I used Lightroom for basic adjustments if needed then Silver efex pro for the b&w conversion. I was just starting at Uni and learning about developing in the darkroom and used the dodge & burn tools in Photoshop in a similar way to get a more dramatic effect.

It takes a bit of time dodging and burning small areas at a time but very effective I think.

Silver Efex pro seems to be a very good piece of software, I'm just starting out with it and am most impressed with what you have succeeded in doing (y)

Award winning stuff there, good to have a professional on board, quality work on your website. Cannot fault the shots, very nice work. Welcome to the forums.

I only ever use it for b&w conversions now. I upgraded to the latest version but I think the old one was better !

I have used silver efex pro a few times, cannot get my head round it...:D

Stunning images, composition and processing. A superb set of shots

What happened to him :shrug:

Plenty pros on here.

What a great set.
The underground gives me the willies at the best of times. I suspect I would freak if there alone :)

Great shots and processing there. Did you have to get permission to shoot down there or just get on with it?!

The processing isn't for me.

However, the shots and composition are great! not a single image I dislike there, good work :)

What a great set.
The underground gives me the willies at the best of times. I suspect I would freak if there alone :)

Don't watch "Creep" then - about being locked in the Underground (set in Charing Cross) after hours, then being hunted by a nutcase hermit ... as you do!

This set of pics really reminds me of that film - great stuff.

Unbelievable work, as a newcomer into photography these are the type of shots that inspire me to get out and shoot, really like them.

They are stunning, did you use a tripod ?

Simply stunning and I'm still liking them now as much as I did a couple of years back when the OP originally posted some of them up,albeit under a different forum name

Simply stunning and I'm still liking them now as much as I did a couple of years back when the OP originally posted some of them up,albeit under a different forum name

Ah, thanks for the explanation ... I think.

I honestly dont know what to add to the previous comments.
sheer quality.
No doubt you will go far in the trade.

Back