EN-EL15 Battries

Name
Ray
Edit My Images
No
I have just received two new of the above batteries as back up for my D750, now I know they are not Nikon, but they are 7.4v and not 7v. will the odd 0.4v do any harm .

Doubt it. The cells inside these things are a standard voltage, so I bet that if you measured the Nikon and non Nikon terminal voltages they'd be very similar.

Thanks, I did not think it would, but thought I would just check first.

I would be careful using non genuine batteries in your very expensive camera as Nikon have an excuse to invalidate your warranty if anything went pear shaped and usually they are cheap Chinese cells which I wouldn't want to be using in a £1200 camera.

If they're of a reputable brand from a known and trusted source, you should be OK but I would be a bit wary of e-bay sourced unbranded ones.

Not had a problem with the 7dayshop one I keep as a spare for my old D70 which must be 10 years old by now.

I would be careful using non genuine batteries in your very expensive camera as Nikon have an excuse to invalidate your warranty if anything went pear shaped and usually they are cheap Chinese cells which I wouldn't want to be using in a £1200 camera.

Agree totally my 750 is worth every penny of oem (y)

They are from 7day shop. and I have used none Nikon battery's in my D3 with no problems at all.

Hi Ray it's not where you bought them from Aldi or Harrods it's what the cells are inside as cheap Chinese cells are not very reliable or stable.

Your camera is worth a Genuine Battery.

Back