End of days.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.

I had a dentist appointment yesterday. The only upside of this is that the dentist it right next door to the beach. So along with a lovely bracing walk that blew away the morning cobwebs I managed to get some shots.

Originally I was going for silhouettes of the Iron Men but no matter what dials and buttons and gizmos I pressed on my camera they weren't coming out as I had hoped. So I decided to have a little play with them when I got home. Was going for a sort of end of the world type scenario as the freeport in the distance always reminds me of what's left of earth in the Terminator films :D

solar death throes
by rednorters, on Flickr

another liverpool
by rednorters, on Flickr

And number three is a crop I did of the previous shot which I actually prefer:

rise of the machines.
by rednorters, on Flickr

Would be interested in hearing your thoughts on these (y)
Thanks for looking!

Thanks for taking the time to comment Matt.

Glad you like them (y)

Just thought I would add another to the thread :) I cloned out some beams from the cranes on the Freeport so they kind of looked like the AT-AT walkers from the Star Wars :)

attack liverpool
by rednorters, on Flickr

I can deff see the AT AT walkers in the last shot.

The first image is my favourite, it looks really interesting on the right hand side.

Image 2 has too much sand for me, the point of interest is on the horizon. It looks like there are alot of photo opertunitiesin that location.

Not enough subject interest in 1 although the colours have an apocalyptic feel.

From 2 & 3 I prefer 3 as the mass of dark textured beach offsets the blown highlights quite well.

Back