End of Dinosaurs BBC1

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Just found a David Attenborough programme which started on BBC1 at 6.30. Lasts until 8.00pm. Not how the dinosaurs lived but died as a result of the asteroid strike 60 million years ago. The excavation site the team are it is being kept secret.

Just found a David Attenborough programme which started on BBC1 at 6.30. Lasts until 8.00pm. Not how the dinosaurs lived but died as a result of the asteroid strike 60 million years ago. The excavation site the team are it is being kept secret.
But John the earth is only 6000 years old according to YEC. Sorry I could not resit it !:D

Last edited:
The abridged version is here ...
flat-earth2.gif

I only watched part of it but it was fascinating and scary at the same time, and amazing palaeontology.
What's YEC? The DUP in NI think the earth is only 4000 years old (at least their former leader Poots thinks so)

I only watched part of it but it was fascinating and scary at the same time, and amazing palaeontology.
What's YEC? The DUP in NI think the earth is only 4000 years old (at least their former leader Poots thinks so)
Young Earth Creationists. 6000 years for the age of earth, 4000 years for the worldwide flood! Never heard anyone go as low as 4000 years. Have to have a look at that.

Edit, just checked and he says earth created 4000bc, so I think that is where the confusion comes from.

Last edited:
But John the earth is only 6000 years old according to YEC. Sorry I could not resit it !:D

Well, that's a serious case of misrepresenatation by the BBC and I'm now thinking of making a complaint. I was so wrapped up in the programme I hadn't taken on board that glaring error :( You'd think someone of Richard Attenborough's standing would have picked up on it as soon as those involved in the making of the programme started talking about years in the millions. Very disappointing......:D

Apart from the 'storyline' with these kind of documentaries I'm fascinated with the logic. " If this happened then that would have happened and we can see that here in this particular aspect of the fossil". It's akin to detective work but no-one to ask questions of so much more difficult. Of course they'd know what happens to chemicals in substances etc under certain conditions. There's also the timings they worked out from the strike. The scientific equipment used to analyse samples is amazing,too along with those who design and operate it.

I don't think there was an answer to the question.....how would life have progressed had the event not taken place ? Answers on a post card and addressed to... and not to arrive later than.....:D

What's a couple of thousand years between the deluded...:D

how would life have progressed had the event not taken place ?
There has been a fair amount of speculation about dinosaurs evolving intelligence similar to that of humans.

This takes two forms: that there was an intelligent dinosaur prior to the Chicxulub event - or - if the event had not occurred, dinosaurs were already heading towards evolving anthropoid levels of intelligence. While neither of these speculations have any supporting evidence so far, we do know that the remaining descendents of the dinosaurs (birds) have strong problem solving abilities.

So watch the sky: there may be a starship full of hyperintelligent dinosaurs coming back to reclaim their planet from us upstart mammals! :naughty:

There has been a fair amount of speculation about dinosaurs evolving intelligence similar to that of humans.

This takes two forms: that there was an intelligent dinosaur prior to the Chicxulub event - or - if the event had not occurred, dinosaurs were already heading towards evolving anthropoid levels of intelligence. While neither of these speculations have any supporting evidence so far, we do know that the remaining descendents of the dinosaurs (birds) have strong problem solving abilities.

So watch the sky: there may be a starship full of hyperintelligent dinosaurs coming back to reclaim their planet from us upstart mammals! :naughty:

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship..... Now where have I heard that before? ;)

I read West of Eden years ago it was a sci fi book set on earth if the Chicxulub event had never happened.

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship..... Now where have I heard that before? ;)
Numerous places, probably

Possibly the most widely seen version was the Star Trek Voyager episode "Distant Origin" but there were various books and short stories long before that.

Dinosaur statue at Strand Exmouth D600 D60_4306.JPG

Back