Engagement photo-shoot locations

Name
rAJ
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all,

I hope you all photographers could help me.

I am due to arrange a photoshoot for me and my Fiance but we are struggling to find a suitable location.

Our main requirements are, a location with:
  • A stately near by - So we can have pictures indoors
  • A scenic backdrop - To capture both ourselves and the back ground
  • We would love a beach location with the above but not sure if there's anything out there
    • We would ideally want this within the a 3 hour drive from leeds
Thank you very much all

No real help, but a few points to consider:

Inside a stately home will probably cost for permission, think carefully how important that is to you.
Scenic backdrop is simple,
A beach location 3 hrs from Leeds is easy, East coast for a morning shoot with a low sun, West coast for evening (if you want some sun over the water shots)

As close as Roundhay park will give you nice backdrops, interesting architecture and water. The Lake District is fabulous, there's some amazing locations in the Dales, you're in Gods country.

No real help, but a few points to consider:

Inside a stately home will probably cost for permission, think carefully how important that is to you.
Scenic backdrop is simple,
A beach location 3 hrs from Leeds is easy, East coast for a morning shoot with a low sun, West coast for evening (if you want some sun over the water shots)

As close as Roundhay park will give you nice backdrops, interesting architecture and water. The Lake District is fabulous, there's some amazing locations in the Dales, you're in Gods country.

Thank you Phil, could you recommend anywhere near the West coast on the beach?

I think we're thinking inside a stately home (incase it's raining near the time, therefore we would probably leave the beach). More of a backup option, as UK weather isn't very predictable :(.

Threads merged.

Let's try to keep it in one place please Raj. :)

Thank you Phil, could you recommend anywhere near the West coast on the beach?

I think we're thinking inside a stately home (incase it's raining near the time, therefore we would probably leave the beach). More of a backup option, as UK weather isn't very predictable :(.
West coast not really my area of expertise, but you could get to the N Wales coast which is beautiful and no shortage of castles and mountains.

Hi Raj,

I'm with Phil and Gremlin on the east Coast. Flamborough around the area of east landing could be nice with the cliffs. It would be ideal at sunrise to get the best light.
I'm a fan of Whitby for its Abbey, steps and the view. Also a good place to stop for lunch!

You may struggle with indoor shots at a stately home. My experience with my own clients has been that you need to book and pay a substantial amount to use the space at most of these places.

Best of luck

West coast might be difficult. From Liverpool up to Fleetwood it's largely flat expanses of sand. There's the Iron Men at Crosby, piers at Southport/Lytham/Blackpool but they are not really romantic. There's the wrecked boats at Fleetwood but they are surrounded by mud.
Further north into Morecambe Bay and again you have wide expanses of sand and not much else. Can be good if you get a sunset but they never arrive when you want them to.
There's Cumbria but that might be too far and a lot of the best places are not over easy to find if you don't know the area.
North Wales has a few interesting spots, but not many for an engagement type shoot.
Generally the west coast has the sunset but the more uninteresting beaches. If you want rocks and headlands etc the east coast is better.
Sunsets are PIA. I live bang on west coast and the first decent sunset this year was tonight and I was too tied up to get anything. Not reliable if you are driving from Leeds. For some reason the sea seems to hold cloud which kills the visuals.

Last edited:
Back