English Electric "Deltic" on the moors.

Edit My Images
No
I don't usually do diseasels but these brutes are something else, absolutely amazing. LINK

This is "Royal Scots Grey" on the North Yorks. Moors Railway".

On the climb from Beck Hole.
3547a.jpg

Leaning into the curve at Levisham.
3588a.jpg

Canon 40D + 28-70mm f/2.8L (exif intactus)

Love the first shot, but I would have preferred you to have been on the inside of the bend on the second so the engine would be leaning it to you.

Not wishing to doubt your knowledge (it's a long time since my trainspotting days) but Deltics were always white around the glass weren't they?

The second shot has a great Low viewpoint and looks very dynamic. I have to give you the credit for that. However number 1 is too simple. I dont like it really. Nice detail and the shot is correct, but not enough creative for me. Well done though, the second one is very good in my opinion.

Your train shots are great - there was a conversation on the Welsh hillsides about them the other day
I don't know what to say, errrm............. :ty:...........
redface.gif

Not wishing to doubt your knowledge (it's a long time since my trainspotting days) but Deltics were always white around the glass weren't they?
You're absolutely right, read THIS.

Last edited:

That was Finsbury Park sheds trick. They painted the majority of the cab window surrounds of their Deltics white.

Great pictures. I'm not a serious train photographer myself, apart from a few steam trains now and again, but these diesels are classics.

About thirty five years ago, I had a train set on an 8 x 4 board, and one of the Locos was a Hornby Dublo Deltic. It had a steel body and an articulated chassis, and it was so heavy. I wonder what it would be worth now?
They epitomise all that is powerful about "real locomotives".

Back