Ennerdale water at sunset

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this evening at Ennerdale water. I missed better light last night having seen it from home. The waether tonight was similiar so I set off with just enough time to get there.

Here is the first shot I have processed.

Ennerdale at sunset by alf.branch, on Flickr

All C&C welcome.

very very nice... you've had much nicer weather than us.........

Part of me wants to see it without the "fence?" - but in a way it adds to it as well...

(It started raining yesterday morning and hasn't stopped)

very nice - I love No2 :clap:

I was there last year- did the obligatory walk around the lake ( 7 miles) but what a stunning place

Im staying up in Keswick for a fortnight in May,( 1st two weeks) will definately get down to do some more shots of this beautiful lake

thanks for sharing

Les (y)

Thanks for the comment Lez

Its probably my favourite lake actually maybe its because I can some of this view from home or that my local scout camp is there or beacuse I walk and cycle there regularly :D

youre a lucky man in that case :D

Have you shot the beach at St Bees? well worth a visit

Les (y)

I have beaches closer but have been to st Bess once or twice but not gat any decet shots.

Here is a view from my bedroom

View from home with snow by alf.branch, on Flickr

Luck man indeed :D

I have to settle for a couple of weeks in a holiday cottage 1 or 2 times a year
mostly Keswick area, although I do travel around the Lakes once Im there

St Bee's has amazing groynes and is well worth the drive

(y)

It came alive for me as soon as the dog showed up! Love him and the ripples

Thanks for the comments guys.

Les I used to go to the beach at St Bees all the time as kid I have been meaning to shoot there.

Here is the first shot I took that afternoon and teh only handheld one.

Ennerdale at sunset v4 by alf.branch, on Flickr

Thanks Roger.

Nice set, pity you didnt have a big stopper would have made that 1st image awesome with a flatter water

Nice set, pity you didnt have a big stopper would have made that 1st image awesome with a flatter water

I like the water the way it is and wouldnt have wanted fluffy clouds

How the chuff do you get detail like that in the clouds...

Liking #1, just the lower right rock is a tad distracting.

Cheers.

I had noticed the rock was distracting and meant to get rid of it. The clouds are sharp is suppose due to manual focusing and correct depth of field and just enough light to have a short enough exposure.

Thanks for the comment mate glad you like them.

I'll be up there 1st 2 weeks in May Alf - I could even bump into you at the west end of the lake :LOL:

Im have a 10-20mm now - didnt have that last year so making a point of shooting there in May

Les (y)

I'll be up there 1st 2 weeks in May Alf - I could even bump into you at the west end of the lake :LOL:

Im have a 10-20mm now - didnt have that last year so making a point of shooting there in May

Les (y)

depending on what shifts I am on maybe we could be sure of bumping into each other.

Excellent shots, right on my doorway but never seem to have the time..... ashamed to live so close and not utilise it :crying:

Like the one with the dog it adds scale
All pretty good tho (but no the one from your bedroom window :))

Thanks for the comments guys glad you are liking them.

Love the first one, shame the water wasn't stiller on it. A nice long exposure could have worked here. I do quite like the pic with the dog but think there's too much detail overall.

These are some great pics!

Thanks for the comment Josh.

I probably should have tied the dog up and kept him out of the water until I got my first shot as the ripples are his.

Back