Enniskillen Air Show

Edit My Images
Yes
Some unedited pics taken a few weeks ago on a very dull afternoon. Any comments on how to improve appreciated.
ENNISKILLENAIRSHOW2007064Medium.jpg

ENNISKILLENAIRSHOW2007032Medium.jpg

ENNISKILLENAIRSHOW2007065Medium.jpg

ENNISKILLENAIRSHOW2007053Medium.jpg

ENNISKILLENAIRSHOW2007066Medium.jpg

I can see the pictures on my computer. Is it possible that I am doing something wrong during the posting process or is there a technical problem on the site sometimes? :bonk:

You sure you have uploaded them m8?

Nope, only red crosses here too:shrug:

#2,3 AND 4 my favourites in that order.

The best I can do your you is to say that when shooting aircraft like these you should set your body to underexpose by roughly one f.

Your aircraft are underexposed against a bright sky and setting the body this way will fix the problem.

Obviously different light conditions will possible dictate more or less than one f value!

HTH!(y)

UNDER expose:thinking:
I normaly dial in +1 ex comp.

Last photo my fave, by the way.

Well you will have the same effect with different degrees depending on your metering mode.

The background sky is much brighter than the aircraft and the ttl metering calculates a "good" exposure. This causes a mild silhouette effect on the aircraft.

Overexposing will aggravate this and possibly blow out the sky.

By underexposing the balance in ("darker") aircraft and brighter sky is evened out to a large extent.

(y) I see where your coming from Anton. Suppose as alot of my shots are mainly plane filled evaluative metering handles it quite well.
Dean:)

Back