Enough aircraft here's some mainline steam shots!

Edit My Images
No
Taken over the last couple of weeks.

First up the Crewe to Scarborough and back "Scarborough Flyer" with a stranger to these parts 34067 "Tangmere".

6693.jpg

67390.jpg

Then we have 6201 "Princess Elizabeth" on the Settle/Carlisle line with "The Cumbrian Mountain Express".
Due to unusually hot weather this and the shot below it are devoid of any decent exhaust.

68210.jpg

Also on the Settle/Carlisle line this is 46115 "Scots Guardsman" with the York to Carlisle and back "Waverley".

67760.jpg

As ever they are best viewed in the larger size, hope you like them, exif is intact.

Awesome shots. Shame about the large circle in each shot!! lol

What camera did you use etc?

I really like 2 as well but think it would be even better minus the fence but I guess its a matter of opinions
great set
I thought I might include more scenery for a change, undecided really!
I aspire to take steam photos this good.
You're just being modest, I've looked at your website and you have some wonderful steam shots.
What camera did you use etc?
The EXIF detail is intact, but the camera is a 1D MkIII.
Stunning set of steam shots
Thanks Nigel.
Went to see Lizzy as she went through Chorley, the light was just right for a Bob Green style glint shot, but couldn't get to a suitable location in time:(
Saw a couple of shots like that from Horwich which were nice.

I just love steam trains and these are all great though I find the fence a partial distraction I only say partial because it's old and sort of fits into the scene I suppose if it had been a brand new fence that would have ruined the photo

I love #3&4 they both have a timeless quality to them they could have been taken this year or 50 years ago :)

Matt
MWHCVT

The last one is my pick - proper atmospheric shot. Something feels weird in the tone of the BOB shots, possibly due to the flat mid day lighting?

Excellent photos from you as usual M8.
Thank you your highness!
Stunning shots - particularly 1 & 2!
Thank you jez, I didn't really mean it about the aircraft. ;)
I just love steam trains and these are all great though I find the fence a partial distraction I only say partial because it's old and sort of fits into the scene I suppose if it had been a brand new fence that would have ruined the photo
I was trying to be a bit landscapey with that one, I'll not bother in future. :LOL:
The last one is my pick - proper atmospheric shot. Something feels weird in the tone of the BOB shots, possibly due to the flat mid day lighting?
You're right the lighting was plain dull for the first two.
Superb images again, Stuart.
You keep making me look at the steam excursion timetable.......and I never get around to trekking out to take the shots. Is Horbury Junction a decent spot?
Try HERE it'll give you THIS.
A great set of shots.:clap:
Thank you John, glad you like them.

Superb shots :)

Where was #1&2 taken? I went to Stalybridge station on Friday evening to watch the Scarborough Flyer go by. Brilliant sites to watch these old machines in such a working order

I believe most of them belong to Pete Waterman

My shots of it on Flickr don't compare :)

Jez

Superb shots :)
Where was #1&2 taken? I went to Stalybridge station on Friday evening to watch the Scarborough Flyer go by. Brilliant sites to watch these old machines in such a working orderJez
Thank you Jez, the first one was taken at Sth Milford and the second was near Malton.
If you're looking for a good spot to shoot "The Flyer" near you then try HERE, it'll give you a view like THIS.......you might not be alone though!
Really great selection & captured just in the right place
Thank you Peter.
Superb set, like all of them but the last 1 is my favourite.
Thanks Michael, look out for THIS one in December, it passes near you.

Swiss Toni said:
Thank you Jez, the first one was taken at Sth Milford and the second was near Malton.
If you're looking for a good spot to shoot "The Flyer" near you then try HERE, it'll give you a view like THIS.......you might not be alone though!

Thanks Swiss Toni, funny you should mention Diggle. I was only thinking about heading up there this week to get a view :)

As they say Great Minds, Fantastic Pictures :)

Jez

no comments as to the subjext as it doesn't "float my boat" - but you may as well not bother with that watermark... if you are seriously hoping that people will not "steal your pics"

What a superb collection of steam locomotive shots. I think out of the lot, I felt more drawn to No 3, due to the unusual background and the excellent daytime lighting. Well done!

Back