ENP Dogs

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys.

Have just got back from 2 months of volunteering at the Elephant Nature Park Dogs rescue centre in Chiang Mai, Thailand; and thought i'd share some pics i took whilst i was there.

I only had very limited time to play with the camera sue to being so busy working, so i didn't get nearly as many pictures as i would've wanted, but i still got a few that turned out nice.

IMG_1021.jpg

Lotto

IMG_0991.jpg

Noi

IMG_0914.jpg

Myles

IMG_0857.jpg

Smelly Sally

IMG_0462.jpg

Lovely Mali (She'll be coming home to me in the UK in September!)

IMG_0394.jpg

Steel (No back legs, but a cracking girl)

I will post more soon i'm sure.

Thanks for looking and i appreciate any feedback!

Alex

I really like the picture of 'Smelly Sally' but I think any chance of adoption is gone with a name like that! ;)

I really like the picture of 'Smelly Sally' but I think any chance of adoption is gone with a name like that! ;)

Her actual name is just Sally :) But i had to keep bathing her as she likes to roll in dirt and poop, hence the smelly :LOL:

Cheers!

Not a great set to be brutally honest Alex. :(
The backgrounds are very poor, you've clipped bits off like tails, ears etc., you've missed focus on a couple and you're looking down on some.
I appreciate you were limited as to what you could do regarding the surroundings. ;)

There are times such fripperies are pretty irrelevant, and this is one of them- they're "record shots" taken while someone was doing something utterly worthwhile - good luck with Mali!
(and there was me thinking I was a miserable curmudgeon!):cool:

Last edited:
There are times such fripperies are pretty irrelevant, and this is one of them- they're "record shots" taken while someone was doing something utterly worthwhile - good luck with Mali!

Cheers mate :)

If that was a dig at me and I assume it was, the OP asked for feedback. :thinking:
Thanks for looking and i appreciate any feedback!
If no feedback was required then 'photos for pleasure' would be the better place for them or just state that you don't want any critique.
I'm far from miserable, especially when it comes to animal welfare.;)

If that was a dig at me and I assume it was, the OP asked for feedback. :thinking:

If no feedback was required then 'photos for pleasure' would be the better place for them or just state that you don't want any critique.
I'm far from miserable, especially when it comes to animal welfare.;)

No i asked for feedback and i'm glad you responded with some :) I know backgrounds aren't great, but there isn't really anywhere other than the pens they were respectively in to take shots, as they generally don't get on with other dogs from different packs. I know the framing isn't great too, but those were all taken with the Canon 18-55 EF-S lens that comes stock with the 650D, so hopefully when i go back with my Sigma 10-20mm i can get more into the shots at close range.

Cheers!

Looking at the first one, the 18-55 you have is very sharp, I'm guessing it's the IS one, not the original?
It already looks like you used a fairly wide aperture so not much more you could do to reduce the background distractions.
I have to say, Lotto has a real 'take me home' look about him/her, good job I don't go there I'd want to bring them all back!
Bet you can't wait to get Mali home! :cool:

Yes it is the IS one. Lotto is one of Steph's (Lady who runs the Dog centre) dogs and will be going home to the US with her later on this year. He's a sweetheart. Talking of heart, Lotto has an enlarged one, along with fluid in his lungs, so he won't be around too long unfortunately. He's a great dogs.

I can't wait to get Mali over! She's a great old girl who has had cancer twice and come back fighting both times.

This pic was from my phone so it isn't great, but i love it :)

486016_10152607532640046_1911132485_n.jpg

Back