Ensign Selfix 320 help

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
I recently aquired an Ensign Selfix 320. Only problem is on the back it has two red windows rather than the one, when you slide the little window back both are exposed at the same time. any ideas which one I should use?

60238a8f.jpg

f0f65902.jpg

cant seem to find much info on this camera at all.

I don't think it will matter as long as you always use the same one. I'd be inclined to use the top one as the "shot marker" and use the other as a preview when winding on, so you see the marker on the film coming.

With some films (Fuji Pro 400H for example) you get a good warning of the mark with a series of dots.. other films (Kodak Ektar, Portra) are much quicker at the mark appearing. The first time I used Ektar in my Selfix 420 I completely missed the marks on the first two frames.

cheers Alistair thats what Ill do, any ideas why there are two windows?

Isn't the selfix 320 capable of shooting 6x6 or 6x4.5? Presumably the different windows are for the different frame settings.

Edit: hmm - just looking at the photo, and I was expecting the windows to be at different heights on the back, rather than along the back... now i'm confuddled as well

Maybe it had an optional 6x4.5 insert? I really don't know, so just guessing.

The 420 has to windows off-set in height because it can be switched from 6x9 to 6x6 before you load the film.. but from what I have read the 320 was a fixed 6x6.. but that's not to say that a 6x4.5 insert couldn't have been used. Presumably you'd use each number twice, once per window, which would be why the two windows are aligned along the film and not offset.

I think that was it - vaguely remember reading about a loose frame insert, though it was a year or so ago, when I was bidding on one from fleabay - in the end I won the perkeo I and forgot all about it :shrug:

I was thinking about an insert as well, but like you said if this was the case it would make sense if the windows were offset. strange...

Ahh.. that makes sense.. if the base image is 6x9 then by using an insert it makes total sense to use each number twice. After typing my last reply I was then scratching my head how that would work if the basic aperture was 6x6.

Back