On the Huh

Little Ball of Fur
Name
Zulfi
Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_resized8440 (1) (2).jpg

Bet it could tell some stories.

I'm not keen on the central framing and feel like it needs the title to make the image work. The subject for me is the trunk and not the whole tree and if that was your intent, then perhaps getting in even closer would help. I also feel like it could do with a bit more space around the top of the tree as I don't get a sense of majesty or importance. It's a tad over-saturated for my taste too. Really like the light and the mist as it's an unusual combination. There is also a slope from R to L going downhill which puts all the other trees on a leftward lean but I kinda like this as it adds to the mystery. I'm guessing it would look worse with a straight horizon and a wonky subject.

I'm not keen on the central framing and feel like it needs the title to make the image work. The subject for me is the trunk and not the whole tree and if that was your intent, then perhaps getting in even closer would help. I also feel like it could do with a bit more space around the top of the tree as I don't get a sense of majesty or importance. It's a tad over-saturated for my taste too. Really like the light and the mist as it's an unusual combination. There is also a slope from R to L going downhill which puts all the other trees on a leftward lean but I kinda like this as it adds to the mystery. I'm guessing it would look worse with a straight horizon and a wonky subject.
The trunk is very interesting but given the title the “Ent” does look as though it has an army marching behind it .

Thanks for your thoughts. Now that Autumn is here I want to go back and improve this shot. I can't remember if I rotated the image or not to straighten the subject. Will look at the raw when I find it. I do have a tendency to over saturate it seems. The fog was disappearing and the sun had made an appearance and I guess I was worried too much bright sky would distract. It's great to get others opinions and thoughts and will take these in consideration when the next foggy autumn day appears.

Back