Entrance Pupil setup

Name
Dale
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been have a bit of a play setting up a couple of my lenses with my nodal rail.

I seemed to be able to get the center and right sides to match up ok but the left side is slightly off. is this close enough or do I have to try a bit harder?
The radio aerial was about 10ft away and the cabinet behind it is about 7-8 feet behind that will having that further away help to get a more accurate setup?

Thanks

7ZteNVW.jpg

Is2oPRP.jpg

I would be very surprised if any stitching software would not find that able to produce excellent stitches.
have you tried settings at a half mm.

You just set it midway between the mm marks.

An objective question, Dale, but are you 100% certain that the lens axis passes through the centre of rotation? If you have you camera mounted just a tad off-centre then you'll likely get the result that you're seeing.

Bob

An objective question, Dale, but are you 100% certain that the lens axis passes through the centre of rotation? If you have you camera mounted just a tad off-centre then you'll likely get the result that you're seeing.

Bob
Thanks Bob I'm pretty sure it is but I will check in the morning as it seems strange that the left side is always off slightly and that would explain why.

Bob

Thanks Bob I checked and it was almost 1 mm off so I moved it and calibrated again this time the left and right seem to match ok with the center.

aauM3j2.jpg

That's good, Dale. Here's my method on the off chance that you need to do more lenses in the future.

I've got too many lenses and trial and error can be very time consuming so I invested £10 in an old Eos film body. I ripped out the shutter curtains and took the back cover off the hinges. I then mount the body and lens on the rail and shine a laser (laser level or tape measure in my case) through the lens and onto the wall some way behind it. I can then swing the rail left and right and gradually move the position of the body/lens until the laser spot on the wall stays in the same place.

Bob

Back