eos 1d

Name
pretty obvious really.
Edit My Images
Yes
next year I was thinking about a new to me body and have been looking a the eos 1d, You can get a 1d mk1 for about £300 on ebay and various other used sites/shops and a mkii for about £500 ish depending on condition and shutter count obviously,what I was wondering is would either be a worthwhile upgrade from my 50d. I shoot mainly motorsport but use it for a bit of everything as well.

chris954 said:
next year I was thinking about a new to me body and have been looking a the eos 1d, You can get a 1d mk1 for about £300 on ebay and various other used sites/shops and a mkii for about £500 ish depending on condition and shutter count obviously,what I was wondering is would either be a worthwhile upgrade from my 50d. I shoot mainly motorsport but use it for a bit of everything as well.

I had the mk2 and loved it but the screen really is hard to get used to
I wouldn't let that put me off though , it was only a few years ago I had no screen at all!!

I still have my 1D Mk2 and had a 50D

1D Mk2 can be a bit fingers and thumbs in terms of the menu and the screen isn't up to much.

A lot depends on what you want to shoot.

ISO is on a par with a 50d
Autofocus is a million miles ahead of a 50d
Cropping can be an issue on the 1D2 as you have a 1.3 sensor and less resolution.

Back