EOS 400d software -v- Win7?

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm struggling to find the disk that came with my 2nd user 400d.
So I went hunting on the Canon website (thanks to a link posted on TP).
Seems that there is nothing that I can d/l for win7.
Does anybody know if this is pish or true please cos if true then it kind of sucks as I want to rename my camera.

No, there is nothing there for Win7 but the Vista stuff works just fine. Please do remember though that the downloads for DPP etc are UPGRADES and require the presence of the original software on the machine or at the very least, the disk.

ah nadgers, anyway around this at all?
Ie someonw in Hants with the software running would be able to do it for me?

I have PS and LR for PP just literally want the name changing.

I have the Original cd that came with my 50D if thats any good to you (to borrow of course :D)

unless its 64 bit windows vista/7 then the drivers wont work from what i remember.

I've been running all the EOS software (including the RAW codec) on Win7 for ages - no problems at all and did not even have to install in compatibilty mode :)

ah nadgers, anyway around this at all?
Ie someonw in Hants with the software running would be able to do it for me?

I have PS and LR for PP just literally want the name changing.

Yes but it's technical. In Win7 hit the start button and then in the "search programs and files" box type regedit and then hit enter. Now browse to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Canon\

Once there right click on the canon key, select new and the type EOS Utility

Repeat this twice more creating DPP and ZoomBrowser EX and now the downloaded update files will install correctly.

Only try this if you know what you are doing. Playing around in the registry is for big boys only :)

fair dos, i seem to remember the canon software not liking 64 bit but that was a while ago :)

I'm only talking about the 32bit version here - not sure what the state of play is with the 64bit version.

I have the Canon 400D disks here you could borrow too if you like :)

Raj that would be fantastic.
Thanks for the offer (y)
I will check the ScoobyTC offer as he lives right by me and see if the software suite is the same.

Not to worry buddy. if you need it, just drop me a pm or email, and i'll get it sent to you. Hope you ge it sorted

Is it the same software suite then Dazzler?
If so that would be mustard, is there a meet due soon?

The cd is called Canon EOS digital solution disk and has DPP,Zoom browser,EOS utility,photostitch,original data security tools,picture style editor and WFT utility

does that sound like the one you should have? it doesnt state any specific models so i would imagine it covers the whole range

ok an update.
I managed to procure a copy of v.29 to try and it has loaded onto the laptop nicely, but not without issue.

When I plug the camera in via a standard black USB it tries to autorun EOS utility and then flashes up "camera not found".
So if I run the EOS utility via the desktop and of the four options only "monitor folders" is available for selection.
The option I want is "remote blah blah" and it's shadowed as it cannot be highlighted.
nadgers.

another update and end of thread really.

I uninstalled the later version and installed an earlier version (v.18) from a disc that I borrowed from a buddy of mine.
All good, and installed easy as pie on win7 :)
Name changed on camera, job jobbed as they say.

Back