EOS 40D Live View Question

Edit My Images
Yes
A quick question for 40D owners. Does the live view facility remove the need for an anglefinder for low level shots e.g. fungi ?

TIA
Andrew

I have only seen it briefly, but I guess so, worth checking out its viewing angle before making a decisison.

You would still need the anglefinder as the screen is lower down then the eyepiece.

I agree with what's been said and I reckon you've highlighted one of the biggest shortcomings of the 40D live view facility. As good as it is I'd like to see the 40D upgraded to have a moveable screen as fitted to the S5 IS.

Many thanks for your input. It's not a deal breaker for me but I was wondering if it might have lightened the kit bag

Andrew

As an ex "live view" prosumer owner, through experience, I would say that fixing the Live View LCD limits its usefulness significantly. One of the great advantages of this technology is the ability to take shots in awkward positions etc - fixing the LCD doesn't help with this.

If I were buying a DSLR with Live View as a main concern I wouldn't consider one of the fixed LCD offerings

simon

Back