EOS 5 Mk 3

Name
Glyn
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I have been sat here all afternoon going through my order with Panamoz for the above camera, decided agains the DS in the end.

I have chosen two lenses to make up this new kit and they are:

100-400 4.5/5.6 IS II
24-105 F4 IS

Question is about the second one.... Not being a series 2 lens will it be ok (good enough) for the Eos Mk 3 ??

The series 2 is almoust 3x the price and out of my range.

As long as the 24-105 is good enough to go with the body then I'm odering on Monday... Thanks for any advice

Glyn

PS: Has anyone ever used Simply Electronics? Just seen they are slightly cheaper accros the board but I kow nowt about them

Last edited:
Do a search on here Simply electronics will answer your question .

Wouldn't use simply electronics know a few people who are very happy and some that aren't very happy for the sake of a few quid imho not worth the hassle

I have both those lenses and a 5D3, and I have no problem with the 24-105 at all. I was using it earlier today and it was pin sharp.

I have chosen two lenses to make up this new kit and they are:

100-400 4.5/5.6 IS II
24-105 F4 IS

Question is about the second one.... Not being a series 2 lens will it be ok (good enough) for the Eos Mk 3 ??

The series 2 is almoust 3x the price and out of my range.

As long as the 24-105 is good enough to go with the body then I'm odering on Monday...

Not sure I understand all this as there is no series 2 version of the 24-105?!

I use the 24-105L with my 5DMK3 and its a great lens, very handy range and I have no complaints at all. It makes a very good travel/walk around lens.

There hasn't been a mk11 version of the 24-105mm f4L IS USM because the original is extremely good and one of the best walkabout lens out there. It will compliment the 100-400mm very well

The 24-105 F4 IS L lens is a great lens and is one of the "kit" lenses for the 5D - I wouldn't have any worries...

And the 100-400 mkII is a belter of a lens

The 24-105 is a great lens. I'm really impressed with it. And just bought the 100-400 mkii and 1.4 extender this weekend and OMG this is an outstanding bit of kit. Just played about on the garden with the birds on the feeders and even hand held is fantastic. Can't wait to get out and and try to capture great shots. I Googled simply electronics and a few others and thought nah. I went to jessops with an old 18-55 kit lens and they nicked 270 off the lens :)

Back