EOS 5D MK3 driving me nuts. Is this a 5D thing or is it me? Help!

• Thread starter Deleted member 89874
  • Start date
I'm not a great one for wading through manuals and in fact I only do it if I'm completely stuck but on this one and IMVHO just looking through the camera menu should be enough to get you there but in the OP's defence maybe he was just having an off day, settings wise, and maybe an off day posting wise too.

I do think it's a shame when someone is banned or leaves a forum because they don't enjoy the experience so hopefully he'll be back and behave with a little less volatility. Hopefully.

I do think it's a shame when someone is banned or leaves a forum because they don't enjoy the experience so hopefully he'll be back and behave with a little less volatility. Hopefully.

Normally I'd agree but this is the third time (as far as I'm aware - there might have been more) he has been banned since joining in May!

To be fair to him, he did give us clear warning from his thread title that his problem was giving him mental issues. We should’ve seen this coming and done our best to prevent it.

It's a shame though. I'm probably over thinking this and being too cautious but removing any form of contact or interaction from someone just seems potentially isolating and damaging to me... but I suppose there are individuals who are just too disruptive and potentially damaging to other people to allow them unfettered access without consequences and internet forums like this can't provide the environment and help that the more repeatedly disruptive may in reality actually need.

I do think you must be a lovely person, but yeah you are definitely over thinking this one. Some people are just douches, and that’s amplified when you put a keyboard in front of them. I’m on a few car forums and people seem to have forgotten how things work, you ask a question and you get a bit of banter from the regulars but if you go along with it then invariably you get some decent info. You play the game basically.

I know in some circumstances you have to be a bit shrewd as to when to yank someone’s leg. For instance if you’re on....I dunno, a vet forum(if there is such a thing) and a thread pops up saying help my dog is fitting on the couch and I dunno what to do, maybe leave the jokes till after some decent input has been offered.

But if you snarl back at the banter then it’s just not gonna happen is it. You’ve got to roll with it and you’ll get what you need. Unless, of course, it is a really stupid query, in which case I’ll usually log in.

To be fair to him, he did give us clear warning from his thread title that his problem was giving him mental issues. We should’ve seen this coming and done our best to prevent it.
What?
Are you serious?
The title doesn't give any indication of mental issues at all.
Neither does his outburst.

As I’ve already clashed with two other members on here this eve I’m going to play it safe with this one and fold. No, I was not being serious, I was being flippant as the title said that his problem was driving him nuts, as in sending him crazy. It was a joke. I don’t condone any of his behaviour.

As I said, grow up and good luck finding a new forum after you get banned
He heard you the first time.
Your comment wasn't necessary or helpful.
His reaction was a bit ott, but if you'd said it to his face, he'd probably have thumped you. :)

As I’ve already clashed with two other members on here this eve I’m going to play it safe with this one and fold. No, I was not being serious, I was being flippant as the title said that his problem was driving him nuts, as in sending him crazy. It was a joke. I don’t condone any of his behaviour.
If it's a joke, then it's common to place a smiley at the end, just so folks know it's a joke. :)

If it's a joke, then it's common to place a smiley at the end, just so folks know it's a joke. :)
Where is the fun in that? Surely you could sense that I wasn’t actually being serious. I guess the sarcasm levels in here aren’t up to my usual level. :LOL: What do I do if I’m only half joking? Kind of like now.

Where is the fun in that? Surely you could sense that I wasn’t actually being serious. I guess the sarcasm levels in here aren’t up to my usual level. :LOL: What do I do if I’m only half joking? Kind of like now.
If you'd just posted the first sentence, I'd have laughed, but the second sentence made me think you were being serious.

He heard you the first time.
Your comment wasn't necessary or helpful.
His reaction was a bit ott, but if you'd said it to his face, he'd probably have thumped you. :)

Looks to me like your trying to tell everyone off to me

A bit OTT ? He broke the rule of any decent forum by being abusive to other members and thank god he was banned, thank you to the admin

Last edited:
I'm not a great one for wading through manuals and in fact I only do it if I'm completely stuck but on this one and IMVHO just looking through the camera menu should be enough to get you there but in the OP's defence maybe he was just having an off day, settings wise, and maybe an off day posting wise too.

If you download the PDF version, rather than wading through, you can search for keywords (y)

Looks to me like your trying to tell everyone off to me

A bit OTT ? He broke the rule of any decent forum by being abusive to other members and thank god he was banned, thank you to the admin
The person that he called a dick laughed it off.
You made no effort to get involved in the thread other than jumping in to tell the OP to grow up.
I'd consider that comment provocative, and not the sort of behaviour I'd expect from a grown up.
I'm not telling you off, or condoning the op's abuse just explaining how it looks to me.

If you abuse someone like that in "real life" you get decked.

Sounds like he's very lucky to be allowed back.

No excuse at all.

All this mental illness b*****ks these days appears to give arseholes free reign to say what they want.

The person that he called a dick laughed it off.
You made no effort to get involved in the thread other than jumping in to tell the OP to grow up.
I'd consider that comment provocative, and not the sort of behaviour I'd expect from a grown up.
I'm not telling you off, or condoning the op's abuse just explaining how it looks to me.

So it is OK that he called someone a dick because it was laughed off.

Sorry but you have no valid argument at all and I wont reply again to this thread

If this is what happens when you buy a 5D3 I think I'll go mirrorless :) (JOKE in case no-one gets it) ;-) That was a JOKE too.

If you download the PDF version, rather than wading through, you can search for keywords (y)

I honestly can't remember how I had my Canon cameras set up. These days I have Sony and Panasonic and I haven't spent any time at all on the manuals, I may not have looked at the Panasonic ones at all. I do think that camera menus are very extensive these days as cameras are so customisable but I do think that's a good thing. Spending time just going through the menus and perhaps a bit of trial and error is all I've ever needed. For example do I want AE and AF hold on or off... that sort of thing.

Anyway, here's hoping he's got it sorted and maybe returns one day as a polite, patient and helpful individual :D

I honestly can't remember how I had my Canon cameras set up. These days I have Sony and Panasonic and I haven't spent any time at all on the manuals, I may not have looked at the Panasonic ones at all. I do think that camera menus are very extensive these days as cameras are so customisable but I do think that's a good thing. Spending time just going through the menus and perhaps a bit of trial and error is all I've ever needed. For example do I want AE and AF hold on or off... that sort of thing.

Anyway, here's hoping he's got it sorted and maybe returns one day as a polite, patient and helpful individual :D

Another one.

God grief, how many people here have not bothered to read page 173.

Another one.

God grief, how many people here have not bothered to read page 173.

My A7, GX9 and GX80 all do what the op wants and that's without reading the manual. What can I say? I must be some sort of genius and I'm sure you can only imagine what I've done with the time I saved not wading through that pesky manual.

Back