EOS Magazine -any good?

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
I currently subscribe to Amateur Photographer - I like the style/content and it gives fair and honest reviews. The other attraction is it is weekly and gives me a regular fix of all things to do with photography!

I am now considering subscribing to the EOS magazine. Being a confirmed Canon fan I though this might be good. Plus there is an offer on.

Does anyone here subscribe I welcome your views before I commit

Has anyone even heard of it??

4 magazines a year for around 15 quids. Lot less advertisement. Canon EOS centric.

Usually most of the stuff is availabe on the web and here at TP. Also Google is your best friend :)

Cheers for the info

Have signed up for the free pro newsletter instead at this stage from the link above

Simon

I find their e-newsletter view valuable, they let you know when the latest firmwares are coming out, the latest new products and many more useful tips. I know several photographers than subscribe to the EOS magazine, but I have never.

I currently subscribe to Amateur Photographer - I like the style/content and it gives fair and honest reviews. The other attraction is it is weekly and gives me a regular fix of all things to do with photography!

I am now considering subscribing to the EOS magazine. Being a confirmed Canon fan I though this might be good. Plus there is an offer on.

Does anyone here subscribe I welcome your views before I commit
Not much use to Nikon owner's (apart from showing them what a real camera is) LoL
I find like many magazines they tend to repeat features quite a lot and I tend to look at Canon website for news and firmware updates etc as its free.

I get the EOS magazine - have done for a couple of years now, I would say 8-9 times out of 10, it's worthwhile, informative and good advice. They recently ran a survey about the mag and suggestions for the future. One idea was more frequent publishing, more technical advice etc.

One thing I like is if the cover a topic, they generally cover it in great detail (but that can be the downfall if it's not an area your interested in) - I'd certainly recommend getting it if it's on offer (y)

Subscribed for a year, and now pondering renewing - it does have some good articles, but a lot of the info is already around onthe net/forums. Also at a quarterly frequency and not that many pages its hardly filling your reading time, i often buy other magazines to fill the gap!

If you want to know about Canon stuff in depth it is excellent ...it is worth having a look at and comparing it to the other Canon specific mag.....

I get the EOS magazine - have done for a couple of years now, I would say 8-9 times out of 10, it's worthwhile, informative and good advice. They recently ran a survey about the mag and suggestions for the future. One idea was more frequent publishing, more technical advice etc.

One thing I like is if the cover a topic, they generally cover it in great detail (but that can be the downfall if it's not an area your interested in) - I'd certainly recommend getting it if it's on offer (y)

I just started taking this mag and I agree it's a good read and very informative, and as you stress articles are really detailed. I'm really pleased with it and glad I subscribed.:)

Back