Eos R5 view finder setup

Name
jacek
Edit My Images
No
Hi All :)

I have a question. I have a Eos R5. I am shooting very often with Av 9-13 iso 100 and with studio flashes. I cannot to see frame/composition as long as I don't push in half button. With Eos 5D mk IV was easy as you can see everything with well lit studio. Is there any setup/trick/magic button:) so I can see similar like with mirror camera? Or because it's mirrorless it's impossible?
Thank you
Jacek

Disabled exposure simulation. Tab no 7.

The camera should be more clever and do this whenever you connect flash trigger. But this is canon so don't expect it to work nicely

Besides anything over f9 wastes resolution on this body.

A DSLR has an optical viewfinder, so what you see through it is more or less what your eyes see.

Your mirrorless camera has an electronic viewfinder, which helpfully shows you the exposure your sensor receives which is fantastic till you come to use flash.

IIRC canon helpfully switches off this exposure simulation if you attach a canon speedlight or trigger, but unfortunately doesn’t always recognise 3rd party products the same.

As above, you can just switch off exp simulation in the menu, and if you’re always studio shooting that’s probably the simple answer.

However if you’re only sometimes shooting with flash, the best option is to set one of the custom functions to shoot Manual, correct shutter speed and to switch off exp sim.

That’s what I do and it makes it simple to go from my normal non flash shooting method to flash and back just by switching from AV to C1
AV has auto iso, min SS of 1/250 and exp sim on.
C1 is iso 200, M 1/160, f5.6 exp sim off.

Reactions: Nod
Back