Beginner EOS Utility - installing without a CD?

Edit My Images
Yes
I want to install EOS Utility on my MBP to do some tethered shooting (Lightroom doesn't seem to like my 70D tethered so thought EOS Utility was the easiest option).

Is there an easy way to install this without the CD? I downloaded the updater from the canon website but it's only an updater and requires the original CD to continue, which is no use when I don't have a CD drive on the laptop.

Can d/l complete from canon website just need to use camera serial number.

Cheers guys.

For the 70D the "complete" option isn't available, only the updater. I managed to get EOS Utility 3 for a different model which comes bundled with EOS Utility 2 which did work (had to "borrow" a serial number to get it installed).

Seems like a ridiculous faff for a product which is 1) free 2) I've got on CD anyway

it is a bit rubbish that you can't just d/l the software.
But I've used the 'registry' process as linked above on northlight images with success a number of times now.

it is a bit rubbish that you can't just d/l the software.
But I've used the 'registry' process as linked above on northlight images with success a number of times now.

you can just download it..its all on the Canon website. just put in your serial number when asked and you get a download link..I have it on my MBP.

I've never been able to find a direct download, even with serial number - only the 'update' files where you have to do the registry hack (which is fine).
If you have the link post it up, it'd be useful for other people for the future.

you can just download it..its all on the Canon website. just put in your serial number when asked and you get a download link..I have it on my MBP.

Try it :)

The 70D page only links to the updater, not the full install.

Try it :)

The 70D page only links to the updater, not the full install.

Back