EOS40D TOP LCD Display

Edit My Images
Yes
I have a EOS40D camera and It is the dogs nadgers but some thing is bugging me and I wonder if any one else notices this particular anomaly.......On sunny evenings, around dusk time, when I adjust setting on the camera and look at the LCD Display on the top right of the camera The display seems to have shadows on it...like the LCD is malfunctioning...it's not a big deal but I wonder if anyone else has noticed this or it is indeed a malfunction.
If I take the camera indoors or put the back light on the anomaly disappears ...Strange really...

Couldn't say ive noticed mate, i always look at the info in the view finder. :D

Well next time you are out on a sunny evening (2009!!!????) Have a butchers and see if yours is the same please..mate, Thanks(y)

I see it, but only when I am wearing polarised glasses. I get the same on my i-pod but not there when I take them off.

I must admit years ago I had a Nokia 8850 phone and that did the same especially on Cold days!!!! Do you think I have got polarised eyes????

I have not noticed this, on sunny days with a bit of glair from the moon maybe but apart from that nope.
turn on the light :D job done

I noticed an off colour patch on the LCD, but after what Veracocha said it could be only while I'm wearing shades. I'll have to double check.

Hi Mrgrimsby.
I too have noticed something on my 40D’s top display screen. Under some lighting conditions I can see a small darkish patch just under where the AWB graphic appears. It can be visible with the display on or off, is only about 5mm across, very faint, but its visibility is dependable on the ambient light falling on the screen.
I hope this is of some help.
Sam-D

Faintly visible on mine. Apparently it is a normal part of the composition of the LCD manufacturing process and is not a fault as such..

Hi Mrgrimsby.
I too have noticed something on my 40D’s top display screen. Under some lighting conditions I can see a small darkish patch just under where the AWB graphic appears. It can be visible with the display on or off, is only about 5mm across, very faint, but its visibility is dependable on the ambient light falling on the screen.
I hope this is of some help.
Sam-D

Exactly how mine is.

Same here - dont notice it often but it is there sometimes:thinking:

I have seen a similar effect on lcd displays before, the lcd is set into a piece of glass and sort of "floats" so in certain lighting conditions, such as a sunset where the light is hitting it at a shallow angle, you will see a shadow od the lcd on the background.

I think...:thinking:

Thats it then ... not a problem just a a bit of paranoia on my part, Thank you all for your answers.

Back