epson 4800 print 23" on A2 paper?

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, i am sure i read somewhere you could print upto 23" on A2 sheet paper on an epson 4800 pro?

Things is i can't seem to work out how on OSX lion!

Any ideas if it can be done and if so how?

cheers

Thanks for reply.

My understanding is that A2 is 16.5 x 23.4 inches

The image i want to print is 23x15" i have tried borderless printing, but still only prints 22.5" I have doubled checked print size in both CS5 and the epson drive and can confirm it is 23x15"

Thanks for reply.

My understanding is that A2 is 16.5 x 23.4 inches

The image i want to print is 23x15" i have tried borderless printing, but still only prints 22.5" I have doubled checked print size in both CS5 and the epson drive and can confirm it is 23x15"

In the Photoshop print dialogue box I tick 'Scale to Fit Media' in the 'Scaled Print Size' section.

This is after I have set the paper size etc within the printer driver.

I end up with about a 1/4" border all round. This works on all 'A' sizes up to A2 on my 3800. I've not got an A2 print handy that is not mounted so I can't measure the print area but it must be just about 23"

Hope this helps

edit: If the problem persists may I suggest you could always get an over size sheet of paper cut off a roll. Maybe 27" length and then use a 'custom size' for the paper.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip, but that is not what i want. If scale to fit and end up with 1/4" border then the crop ratio for image will get screwed up.

I need it to print longest at 23", but not necessarily the shortest at max.

cheers

Thanks for the tip, but that is not what i want. If scale to fit and end up with 1/4" border then the crop ratio for image will get screwed up.

I need it to print longest at 23", but not necessarily the shortest at max.

cheers

No, it will only fit to media the long end in your case, it won't alter the image.

I only get an equal border all round because I deliberately crop at 1:1.4142 to fit 'A' series paper.

Back