Epson Perfection V600 photo scanner

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
Anyone got one of these, do they work on Windows 10 is it any good for negitives and prints.

Epson Perfection V600 photo scanner​

Thanks Brian

Tried it yesterday not very impressed with it doesn't scan negs very good they seam to be very soft. I have silverfast 9 on trial just getting used to it it will take a little time. Will see if it is better in a weeks time.

Tried it yesterday not very impressed with it doesn't scan negs very good they seam to be very soft. I have silverfast 9 on trial just getting used to it it will take a little time. Will see if it is better in a weeks time.
I’ve not had softness issues using either the Epsom s/w or Silverfast, does it scan images ok or are these and the negatives soft?

A couple of images scanned negitives they look okish until you zoom in on them

Attachments

• Cilwendeg 1992 image 4- 10 copy 2.jpg
    Cilwendeg 1992 image 4- 10 copy 2.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Image 6 copy.jpg
    Image 6 copy.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 12
A couple of images scanned negitives they look okish until you zoom in on them
35mm or medium format- and at what resolution are you scanning?

This was scanned from 35mm negative on Epson V600 - Original Image taken on Canon EOS1000F+Kit Zoom so nothing special - Film Kodak Gold

TVR Taimar by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Last edited:
That is good. A couple more scanned at 600dpi this time they don't look very good they are in focus but not when iv'e scanned them

Attachments

• Image 7 (4) copy.jpg
    Image 7 (4) copy.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Image 6 copy.jpg
    Image 6 copy.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 7
You say you scanned at 600dpi
I’m not experienced with film scanning but this, surely, will result in a very low resolution image?

I’d have thought you want at least 2400dpi but, as I say, I’m not familiar with film scanning

I have scanned at 3200 and at 6400 still the same problem and have now sending it back not pleased with it at all.
Thank you for your time to reply.

Attachments

• Image 1 scanned.jpg
    Image 1 scanned.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 6
Back