Epson PX700w and 3rd party consumables

Name
Mick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
Has anyone had any experience of the PX700w. I use inks at an alarming rate and Ive tried Jem Tec inks and they've been hit and miss,more often than not the printer refuses to recognise the cartridge. I've just purchased a CISS pack from Cityink but not installed it yet,so fingers crossed on that one. Also every time I try paper other than epson it sends error message "paper jam or wrong size". Is there a way round this or should I just knock seven bells out of it with a hammer and get something else. Thanks Mick

Hi
Has anyone had any experience of the PX700w. I use inks at an alarming rate and Ive tried Jem Tec inks and they've been hit and miss,more often than not the printer refuses to recognise the cartridge. I've just purchased a CISS pack from Cityink but not installed it yet,so fingers crossed on that one. Also every time I try paper other than epson it sends error message "paper jam or wrong size". Is there a way round this or should I just knock seven bells out of it with a hammer and get something else. Thanks Mick

I've experienced difficulties with anything other than Epson paper..... the ink will NOT sit correctly on the paper.... (Kodak paper for instance - I've wasted a load of it and ink)

I've only ever used Epson ink in my 700W , and the prints are FAB....

I've experienced difficulties with anything other than Epson paper..... the ink will NOT sit correctly on the paper.... (Kodak paper for instance - I've wasted a load of it and ink)

I've only ever used Epson ink in my 700W , and the prints are FAB....

Don't misunderstand me Phil, I agree the printer does give good quality prints its just the running costs. A friend of mine(Dave.L) off here uses Tesco finest paper and city inks Ciss on an £80 canon printer and he has great prints for a massive difference in running cost. I'm a very mediocre tog and am not printing for re-sale so I'm just looking at other options.Mick ( Yorkshire man, Pound n plenty)

Last edited:
I use a cis 700w on cheap photo paper, just for thumbnails, colours pretty good, but if your using for prints, you cant beat Epson on Epson, have 3 700w's and 2 710's..good machines.

The cis went straight in no probs.. gone for a DNP DS80 now, wont go back to inkjets

I use a cis 700w on cheap photo paper, just for thumbnails, colours pretty good, but if your using for prints, you cant beat Epson on Epson, have 3 700w's and 2 710's..good machines.

The cis went straight in no probs.. gone for a DNP DS80 now, wont go back to inkjets

ive had one for 3 months now and love it ... no problems at all ! :)

and i never use Espon paper .. mostly Ilford ..

ive had one for 3 months now and love it ... no problems at all ! :)

and i never use Espon paper .. mostly Ilford ..

Alls running fine now, installed the ciss no problems and happy with the quality. Still will not accept 3rd party paper through A4 tray but will on 6 by4:thinking: found a fleabay supplier doing epson paper half the price I've been paying so its escaped a hammering:LOL:

must be a user error or the paper you are trying is too thick. the printer can't detect wither paper is epson or not lol

must be a user error or the paper you are trying is too thick. the printer can't detect wither paper is epson or not lol

All paper was 255gramme, Ilford has been through at 290gramme so that isn't it

I've got the same printer and also find that it struggles to pick up no-Epson glossy paper.

The only way I can coax it into doing so it to stick my fingers into the paper tray and help it on it's way :LOL:

As it happens, I have noticed a slight difference in output on non-Epson paper (think I've got Fuji paper at the mo so it's not exactly cheap rubbish)

Back