Epson r2400 help and advice needed

Edit My Images
Yes
I have bought an Epson 2400 off eBay but am having trouble with it.
I have not managed to get a single decent print from it. It was purchased needing one cartridge which I bought and ran the head clean print alignment utilities. It then ran out of ink in one of the other cartridges. So I replaced this cartridge and repeated thehead clean/alignments. After this more cartridges ran out. So I replaced all the carts I had not already replaced. On replacing all the new carts I again ran the clean and align tools but it still would not print quality. The test print had patches in it's grid. I tried printing a couple 6*4 but these had lines and were grainy in places. And now it is reporting low ink
If you are still reading this you will understand my frustration... Lol
Any advice?
do the carts really run out after less than 10 prints and a few cleans
I know a CIS is the way to go but I wanted to ensure it was fully working before spending money on one
Is it knackered

It seems as though you may have a problem witht he print heads being clogged up, this sometimes happens when non epson ink is used and is quite an expensive job to be repaired/replaced.

Keep trying the head cleaning and do test prints

That's what I was dreading. More expense. After replacing all the carts and then if it needs an engineer to unclog I may swell have bought a brand new one.
Is there any way of confirming a clogged head?

yes i have bought epson for it and it already had epson in when i got it. The previous owner says they only used epson

if you are getting patches in the head test print then you'll not get a good print.

download and run the SSC print utility which does a heavy head clean.

thanks for this i will give it a go and let you know how i get on

You may want to get a external waste tank also - the amount of ink dumped inside the printer with a clean is criminal,

Have a look for a site called www.printheadhospital.com

I used some of their kit and cleared the head on my Canon 9000 that blocked due to being left with no ink in the carts.

Whoops beat me to it :D

The stuff they sell is great and inexpensive compared to a new head.

I have ordered a head cleaning kit from the site above. Are they speedy with posting them out?

Back