Epson R2880

antonroland

Inspector Gadget
Name
Anton
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone on here who has one who would like to share some hints on getting the best out of this machine?

The ink hassle of swopping between gloss and matte media is a bit of a pain but a relatively small one in the grand scheme of things...hopefully.

The continuous feed of canvass roll and other things really appealed to me and I thought that the Epsons have more advanced software and graphic interfaces.

Would really like to hear from folks who own one...pros, cons personal likes, dislikes and all that.(y)

Cheers

Cool, thanks for the response. What did you use to profile with and do you you run Windoze or Mac?

I have one, the quality is great, i bought a Permajet CISS for it and it produces great prints time and time again, i have profiled the printer to work with the paper and ink though.

Which paper do you use with the Permajet and did you create your own profile? If so what device did you use? Was the Permajet easy to set up?

I have one of these printers. Bought mine at Xmas last year, luckily as the price seems to have shot up over the past few months. Got mine for less than £500, now I see them advertised in some places for over £600....... Mine isn't profiled so I just need to add a little saturation and brightness on the printer software before I print an image, apart from that it works a dream.

I used a spyder3 Print calibrator to calibrate the printer and was wunning windows 7, ran fine on vista and xp.

I use all sorts of paper, CostoCo's Kirkland paper, Illford Pearl Gallerie, and some Harman Lustre. All calibrated using the spyder print.

I also have a cheapo HP c5280 i think it is, and with a cheapo CISS, think it was £30, i calibrated that with the HP paper i have and it is incredible what a difference it makes.

I picked mine up a couple of weeks back from PixMania for under £500, it's gone back up again now. Also got a CIS for it, but not used it yet.

Printer hasn't been calibrated, but my screen was a must. First few prints seemed a little dark, the actual problem was my screen was too bright.

Back