Epson R300.. bringing back to life

Name
Imran
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I've got a Epson R300 printer which I haven't used in at least 2 years. I was thinking of bringing it back to life by getting a CISS or print cartridges.

Is there any hope or would I be wasting my time? I'm thinking it might be clogged up but I wouldn't know what I could use to clean it up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

it might be clogged up but I wouldn't know what I could use to clean it up.

Any help would be appreciated.

My R200 was clogged solid but I got it cleaned & working using windolene :clap:

you can help the automated cleaning process by wiping the print head with alcohol. it will take most of the dried ink. there may be also air bubles on the ink tubes but those will be evacuated during the cleaning. too bad epson is not selling cleaning cartriges, a lot of ink is wasted

Would this be of any use?
They list the R300.

Wow.. never knew such a thing existed. Thanks for the link, I'll probably give that a go!

My R200 was clogged solid but I got it cleaned & working using windolene :clap:

Windolene? Have you had any problems since?

you can help the automated cleaning process by wiping the print head with alcohol. it will take most of the dried ink. there may be also air bubles on the ink tubes but those will be evacuated during the cleaning. too bad epson is not selling cleaning cartriges, a lot of ink is wasted

Any particular brand of alcohol? :D

I would guess isopropyl alcohol. It's used in industry for residue free cleaning.
Maplin sell bottles and spray cans, and I'd assume ebay sell it too.
Boots sell pure alcohol. You have to have a pharmacy with the right storage (i.e. a fridge) but I think I paid around £5 for 500ml last time I bought some.

Windolene? Have you had any problems since?
:D

Not had a problem (y)

From googly... (Windex is American Windowlene

1) clean the head, run the test, repeat three times.

2) still clogged? put some windex on the sponge where the print head rests. i usually do this with a straw.

3) wait a day, go to step one. still clogged? go to steps 1 and 2 and wait three days. still clogged? wait 7.

I "parked" the heads & turned of the printer. Put windowlene on the sponge using a cotton bud, switched the printer back on to allow the heads to move back to the sponge then left it overnight

One quick head clean / test later & it was back to normal :clap:

Back