Epson RX685 - Blurred Print/Photos - HELP!

Jimmy_Lemon

TPer Emeritus
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
I thought I would keep this seperate from my other issue with my printer.

For some reason when I print part of the printing seems to be very slightly offset to on the vertical, but fine on the horizontal. I have never seen this before and am struggling to describe it to google for help :(

A few examples:

rx685-blur by Tom Holmes, on Flickr

rx685photoblur by Tom Holmes, on Flickr

It really is being a right pain and I am stumped for ideas. I did (very oddly) find a trapped bit of paper at the back of the front tray earlier, and wonder if there is more somewhere trapped causing the paper to shift while printed or something.

Anyone got ANY ideas?

private gallery Tom

ah showing now

looks like head alignment issue. is it time for a new printer???

looks like head alignment issue. is it time for a new printer???

done the usual print head alignment tests etc and all come back fine, as does the head cleaning checks. Really hope it aint time for a new printer :(

I can't think what it could be, but at a second glance, it doesn't look like print head alignment.
If it were, I would expect that if a line was jagged to the left, it would be missing a bit to the right.
Is there a height adjustment lever for paper thickness?
This looks a little like a smudged image, which I got when I forgot to change the height one day on my inkject.

Kinda clutching at straws there though. Have you got any glossy paper to try?

I can't think what it could be, but at a second glance, it doesn't look like print head alignment.
If it were, I would expect that if a line was jagged to the left, it would be missing a bit to the right.
Is there a height adjustment lever for paper thickness?
This looks a little like a smudged image, which I got when I forgot to change the height one day on my inkject.

Kinda clutching at straws there though. Have you got any glossy paper to try?

I did notice it was printing on glossy a lot better, but I was printing different stuff, will try one of those pages on glossy tomorrow see what it does.

sell them as water-color paintings :D i quite like the effect...mark

hehe, could do :p

Back