Epson RX685 - Spripey Prints (Very specific problem)

Jimmy_Lemon

TPer Emeritus
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey Guys,

This is really specific and I am not expecting anyone to have a solution, but you never know.

I have been using Epson printers for years and know how the operate pretty well. I have been using my RX685 for a few years now and have always run cartridges, but recently changed to a continuous ink supply.

Since that change I have a really annoying problem. As soon as I reset the cartridges my prints come out with very thing white lines (in the direction the print head moves).

I have done the obvious head cleaning and nozzle checks etc and it always comes out fine, but go to print again and the stripes are there. VERY ODD!

The only solution is to turn the printer off. I haven't found out the exact time it has to be off, but it seems to be around an hour. When I turn it back on it all works fine.

This leads me to think that either the turning on/off process does a special sort of clean that fixes it or something is reset or god knows what happens, but it is damn annoying none the less.

I am struggling to see how the CISS is at fault, but it did all start happening at the same time, but I am guessing it is something to do with the chip re-setting, rather than the system itself.

It really is bugging me, and I can't seem to find anyone out there with a similar issue.

So anyone here ever had the same?

(oh and before everyone posts the usual "blocked heads" etc it isn't anything that simple, trust me, I have tried everything ;) )

Hey Guys,
The only solution is to turn the printer off. I haven't found out the exact time it has to be off, but it seems to be around an hour. When I turn it back on it all works fine.

It really is bugging me, and I can't seem to find anyone out there with a similar issue.
So anyone here ever had the same?
)

We have the same problem every so often on the Epson 7880 (not continuous ink) and find that the only answer is to turn it off for a few hours too, we too have yet to find an answer....so you are not alone ;)

have you checked the head alignment. if the printer prints the head check test ok then it's not the head.

does it show up on all quality settings or just the lowest?

have you checked the head alignment. if the printer prints the head check test ok then it's not the head.

does it show up on all quality settings or just the lowest?

Yeah done the head alignment a few times, never helps (keep re-trying in hope).

and yeah seems to show up on all quality settings, not as bad at higher settings, but still visible.

We have the same problem every so often on the Epson 7880 (not continuous ink) and find that the only answer is to turn it off for a few hours too, we too have yet to find an answer....so you are not alone ;)

haha glad it isn't just me then :D

Yes, always shows up in the blue areas and printing the pattern still does not help as it always shows as OK then you print again and.........stripes.
We have tried everything in the book , Fuji cannot give us an answer, so it seems that it is something that has to be lived with :(

I had similar problems with my printer. The print test nozzle was fine but printing a purge pattern showed very slight problems with a couple colours. I ended up injecting a print head cleaning fluid through the problematic colours - now its working like new again :D

Coley

Well seems it is all pointless anyway as it has got the lovely "Epson are *****" disease. Seems newer models can't have their waste ink counters reset at home (unless anyone wants to prove otherwise). So printer is now a brick with flashing lights, and no doubt Epson will charge more than a new printer to replace the pads and reset the counter. Gits!

Back