Epson stylus pro 4880

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, new to this so hope it post's out,
I have the epson pro 4880 but when I print pictures out they are very dark, I have altered it on photo elements but pictures seem real bleached out to get pictures better on print, although I haven't calibrated the computer the pictures on camera/computer and tv don't look anything like as dark when printed, can anyone help???

If you are running a 4880 then you really need to get the screen calibrated. The brightness on your monitor is probably way to high.

You also really need to print via a fully colour managed system, I'm not sure if you can do that via Photoshop Elements. However getting you computer monitor calibrated and profiled is the first step.

Thanks for reply and advice, may sound bit dim but not sure what full management system is put just going to have another play see if I can get them better.
Thanks.

Full colour management means having the monitor calibrated and profiled, and the prints made using the colour profiles for that particular paper and printer combination. If you are not sure what colour management is all about try this link

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps12_colour/ps12_1.htm

Thanks for that, really appreciate your advice and help. Got a sony vaio laptop and it as a calibration program on it so just followed what it said and it has darkened it down so I will try another print, may not be as good as ones you can buy but will see.
Thanks

Back