equine events

Edit My Images
No
Doing what I enjoy most with the lovely neddies. Difficult as there is literally 2-3 minutes of a show in which to get a good pic, please feel free to have a look and see what you think cheers :)

pony.jpg

Showjumping, beautiful blue eyed pony and a really fab young rider

SHDressage1.jpg

Dressage
welsh pony.jpg

showing a welsh pony in hand a lovely stallion with a cracking personality

have you sharpened those? the first looks like the horse and rider have been pasted on. the last one also looks a bit over done.

otherwise, timing it spot on #1 but im finding that right wing quite distracting. #2 is a little early, ideally you want the /\/\ shape, also rear lit so the horses face is shadowed out. otherwise nice framing. #3 is nice, good framing. just watch your DOF as the nose and ears are OOF.

have you sharpened those? the first looks like the horse and rider have been pasted on. the last one also looks a bit over done.

otherwise, timing it spot on #1 but im finding that right wing quite distracting. #2 is a little early, ideally you want the /\/\ shape, also rear lit so the horses face is shadowed out. otherwise nice framing. #3 is nice, good framing. just watch your DOF as the nose and ears are OOF.

[s2]^^^^^^^
What he said[/s2]

Except on my monitor sharpening looks ok, other than pasted pony in #1

thanks, the second pic is actually a canter but i get that the lighting overshadows horses face.

I like picture one, the jumpers like the wings in their pics, not always ideal from a critique perspective. any ideas on how to make it look less pasted on?

Last edited:
you can still get a /\/\ in canter :)

sorry that 2nd head isnt very sharp..

(also you may want to resize before hosting, will save you a bit of bandwidth :))

Not having a go, just curious...but id love to see a shot cantering and showing the same /\/\ shape as when in trot...:thinking:

An example would be,
inside hind strike
inside fore raised in curl
outside hind extended raised
outside fore extended raised

I understand the explanation so thanks Tina. I would still like to see an example though as still dont see how this would look like an /\/\...especially if the inside fore is raised in curl.

I Agree with Nick!

The shots are nice, but on number 1 have you added blur to the BG as the rubber surface under the jump is in focus but slightly to the lleft is blurred, but on the same plane of focus ? In fact yes, i can see it on the fence to the left now. I would do away with that sort of PP work, dont add too much noise reduction and sharpness

number 2 is lovely, despite the horses face being in partial shadow

Number 3 would be nice however the PP work to the right is a little distracting

Hope this helps xx

Last edited:
I understand the explanation so thanks Tina. I would still like to see an example though as still dont see how this would look like an /\/\...especially if the inside fore is raised in curl.

obviously its a bit flatter than /\/\ but those are the only chars i have on the keyboard to represent :LOL:

best example i have available online is this

As a rider I'm not too keen on those (personal choice) I like the look of the horse going more uphill and active rather than a hollow back. But I suppose it's personal choice and variety gives the client plenty of choice to see what the prefer.

As a rider I'm not too keen on those (personal choice) I like the look of the horse going more uphill and active

I agree with this. I think its generally a much more flattering point of the canter :)

Back