Equine -intro to herd!

Edit My Images
Yes
I got dragged along the other evening to put up electric fencing at my wife's yard that she keeps her horses at. She bought (read I have financed) a highland pony who is only one year old. For the last 3 months he has been in a paddock beside the main herd and the other night was his turn to be let in with the rest of the pack.

We expected some fireworks as there is a very dominant male but this was what happened! (BTW - the highland is the one at the front running for his life!)

The white horse is not ours - I think it would have been shot if I owned it. The pictures are not the best but I was holding my wife back from running in and trying to get some shots!

Teddy_0002.jpg

Just a nibble on the rump....

Teddy_0005.jpg

Have that yer big Beastie!

Teddy_0004.jpg

Here we go again...!

Teddy_0006.jpg

All over!

Teddy_0016.jpg

Oh yes this is one of our horses going 90mph the other way during all of this!

Teddy_0013.jpg

He had a pretty rough 20 minutes until he submitted and has some bite marks as you would expect. When I went along the yard today there he was standing next to his arch enemy as though nothing had happened!

Them Chav horses are scum of the earth, Im sure thats breaking the rules to his ASBO hehe.

Some nice shots there :D

Your wife was going to try and get in-between those two? :bonk:

Good pics considering the pace was frantic. I particularly like no 2 - it has some blur which shows the action involved but the teeth are in good focus

Back