Equipment rental

Name
You can call me Sir.
Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon all,

Last night I was asked bymy local motorsports club to photograph their end of season awards ceremony and like a fool I agreed. There's no pressure as such coz I'm not getting paid for it apart from a free meal but I'm not convinced my on camera flash will be up to the job. Does anyone know of a company that I can hire a flash from? I looked at calumet but they don't have any branches up here in newcastle so an online one would be best if possible. Or if you know of any hire companies up here then that would be good too.

cheers
Kev

Do you have a London Camera Exchange up there? Would they lend you a 2nd hand unit? Or maybe your local independant camera shop with a view to buying if you like it?

If you've got time buy a used one off ebay - then sell it again afterwards. If you do a good description and pictures you might even get more than you paid for it :)

Kev,

I don't know what kit you use but I have a brand spanking new Sigma 500 DG Super (nikon mount) you are more than welcome to borrow. I am just down the road at Whitley Bay if thats any use - PM me and let me know. You will need to read the destructions as they are a mare!

Bob.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I hadn't thought about LCE, they're nowhere near me and don't have the flash I want but they had a jessops flash and adaptor for £25! At that price who cares what it's like as long as it gets me started. I'm also going to check to see if Calumet do mail order but I doubt they do and the nearest branch is a 2 hour drive up to edinburgh. Cheers for the offer Bob it's very kind of you but I've got a KM5D so it won't fit, thanks again though.

Kev

Thanks for the responses everyone. I hadn't thought about LCE, they're nowhere near me and don't have the flash I want but they had a jessops flash and adaptor for £25! At that price who cares what it's like as long as it gets me started. I'm also going to check to see if Calumet do mail order but I doubt they do and the nearest branch is a 2 hour drive up to edinburgh. Cheers for the offer Bob it's very kind of you but I've got a KM5D so it won't fit, thanks again though.

Kev

I talked to Calumet in Manchester and they do mail order but it costs a bit more because you have to pay for the days of rental when it is actually in transit. So if you get desperate you can always do that. BUT a cheap jessops one might be the best bet as it will cost you less than the rental.

Back