Equipment Reviewers Wanted For Blog

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

I was wondering if anyone here might be interested in writing some basic equipment reviews for my blog. This is really too much work for one person to do, and I only have good product knowledge of Nikon stuff anyway. To keep it unbiased, it would be nice to have reviews of Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Pentax, Leica etc. too.

I'm looking for a few writers to post reviews, equipment news etc. This is not a paid job (wishing it were!), but you would get links back to your own blogs or sites etc.

The requirements are basically minimal:

• Enthusiasm (always #1 in my book)
  • Good command of written English
  • Able to communicate effectively
  • Ability to write objectively
If you are interested then please email me at nigel@zenologue.com with a brief introduction and what you feel you can contribute.

Many thanks and best regards to all here

Nigel

So....you want people to write reviews for your blog and supply the equipment to review? :LOL:

It's not April 1st for ages btw ;)

Hi Nigel

I used to be a professional review (not for camera gear, you can google me if you are really interested in my "past life") and in all honestly solicticing reviews is a flawed concept.

For a start, to write a review you need to have broad knowledge of not only the product you are reviewing, but also as many competitor products are possible - a product review in isolation is a worthless vanity piece.

Unfortunately most folks writing a review really are not qualified to do so - in fact, I'd argue even most of the "Pro" sites are lousy at it. You need to be objective, and you need to have broad and deep product knowledge. Jo Bloggs and his kit lens and a review of something he just "brought (sic) from Jessops" won't cut it.

If you want "fan" reviews, then by all means solicit reviews, but you can't really expect anything objective for the most part with your approach I fear.

But good luck anyhow!

Oh man, you rumbled me and my desparate ploy :bonk:

Okay, to clarify :) - this is for people who would like to share their opinions and experiences with their own gear in a review format. Until I win the lotto (which could be a really long while since I don't buy a ticket), I don't think I'll be sending out gear to people for free (sorry) :D

Nigel,

What value are you placing on the links from your website? Considering how new the domain is and how few inbound links you've got to it unless you're driving masses of traffic to it by other means the value of any link from it would mean very little to me.

I was approached by PriceGrabber to write about equipment in exchange for links, traffic and money and I turned them down. If you're expecting reviewers to produce high quality content for you then I think you will need to up your offer considerably.

Will

Yes, I understand what you are saying completely, so perhaps it wasn't such a good idea after all.

Still, what might be nice would be to have reivews of books, DVDs and other educational materials. It would be handy to have them in one convenient place as well.

If anyone wouldn't mind sending me their thoughts on any relevant books or DVDs they have, that would be a good place to start.

Nigel

Back