Err 01 on Sigma lens with 450D

Edit My Images
Yes
On Sat I started getting an error when using my Sigma 24-70mm, other lenses work fine. It seems to have a problem focussing and then gives an error about communication with the lens.

I've tried cleaning the contacts by gently wiping them with alcoholic wipes from Maplins but this has not helped....any ideas?

TIA :)

Unfortunately, you've done what I was going to suggest - sounds like a lens problem, although someone else may have another option to try. I'd give Sigma a ring and see what they say, from past threads on here they seem to be very good. Hope you get it sorted (y)

Thanks Andy - I've in touch with Sigma and they have quoted me £80 to get it fixed! I'm going to see if my insurance covers accidental damage.

Thanks Andy - I've in touch with Sigma and they have quoted me £80 to get it fixed! I'm going to see if my insurance covers accidental damage.

Did they say what they thought the fault maybe ?

Give Mark a ring at Norfolk Camera Centre, they recently had a look at a lens of mine and I'm very impressed with the service I got (y)

Here's another thread from someone else who's recently just used them for a Sigma lens

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=141029

Think I should be getting commission :D

Back