"Err" message on D80

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
As per title:

Simply out of the blue, one of my D80 bodies has decided to display an "Err" message and refuse to work.

Shutter fires but no image recorded, no auto focus along with many other modes unavailable including flash pop up.

Having tried reset modes to the body along with cleaning contacts, swapping lenses, batteries, SD cards, grip etc etc with my second D80 body it is without doubt no fault of any attached accessories.

Googled the problem and the outlook doesn't appear to be very positive tbh....looks like a Nikon repair job.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with their dslr and if so, how did you resolve the issue?

Sounds like it's broken.....

I've had Err errors a few times. Couple of times they went away by themselves. Usually it proved expensive.

Talk to Nikon.

Sounds like it's broken.....

I've had Err errors a few times. Couple of times they went away by themselves. Usually it proved expensive.

Talk to Nikon.

Not what I was hoping to hear but no surprise either.

There's a Nikon dealer near to me....I'll see what they have to say and go from there.......

Just to update this: The camera had a phase switch problem...... evidently it's quite a common fault.

Had it repaired at a cost of £90.....not too expensive I guess compared to replacing the body.

Back