Error code B200

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, have a canon pixma pro 9000 mk2 and today I got the error code B200.
Have googled for solutions but unfortunatly they all say to replace ink tanks and clean the printer head. The problem I have is in the past to replace inks I just had to lift the front cover and the carriage holding the ink tanks moved into position, this now is not happening, the whole printer appears to be dead apart from the green and amber lights flashing on the front. Have tried a system restore as was suggested on one site to no avail. Have tried doing a clean using the software supplied, still nothing, scanned computer for viruses and nothing showed up. Has anyone any suggestions as what to do next, will contact canon but with past experiences am not holding my breath. Need prints for tomorrow so hopefully someone has come accross this and can help.
Thanks in advance
kev

Try the old complete power down and disconnect trick (unplug from mains and USB), leave it for a minute or 2 then reconnect and turn it back on. My Canon iX4000 has shown similar behaviour and I've even looked at upgrading it but the full unplug has sorted the message every time.

Hi Nod,

thanks for the reply, have tried power off and on a few times but still nothing, have managed to move the ink carriage out and removed inks and print head, was just about to ring canon uk tec dept. for advice. fingers crossed

Thanks for that poah, thats what canon tec help suggested but it's not moving when I lift the lid, annoying thing is I have a new printer head but canon say if it is the board that's the problem then it will blow the new head as soon as I power up. Best to replace both ££££££.

Back