Daily Esquisites 365

Last edited:
And thanks for the comments guys... getting through your projects tomorrow after some sleep... 72 hours overtime this month has killed me :(
Don't worry about it. I'm struggling to get sufficient time to spend admiring everyone's work. Loving your Newport night shots. Great light painting (y)

Particularly like 26 and 30, was she just a random person, or someone that you knew?

Hi, it's my girlfriend although she was waiting whilst I took 31 lol. Just got my up to date ones uploaded will post them soon.

Sorry not posting much on the rest, they are looking great but literally jumping on here when I have a second!! This thread is awesome!

I really like 38 but wonder why you haven't straightened it. Its a shot that deserves it! Really like 24 too - well done(y)

Some very good work in this thread, not so sure about the star scape I think that needs some work on both settings and execution but that's what threads like this are great for, what were your settings for that photo?

Any advice on that would be epic! It was my first star scape and I really want to get some great effects. I am aware there was light pollution present mind.

Here is the exif:

Camera Canon EOS 500D
Exposure 60
Aperture f/3.5
Focal Length 17 mm
ISO Speed 1600
Lens 17-50mm

The rope texture shots are fantastic, love those. But my favourite has to be the girl on the bend. That's excellent! Loving it a lot. The last one is good too, but if you'd taken it about a second or 2 later I reckon it would have improved it tremendously. It just needs a bit of separation between the couple and the guy in the background.

Any advice on that would be epic! It was my first star scape and I really want to get some great effects. I am aware there was light pollution present mind.

Here is the exif:

Camera Canon EOS 500D
Exposure 60
Aperture f/3.5
Focal Length 17 mm
ISO Speed 1600
Lens 17-50mm

Mirror lock up really wouldn't be needed on an exposure of that length, the fact that you've said about the wind levels it what is making this as soft as it is IMO setting wise I think you've got it about right the only issues is length of exposure as anything over about 20 seconds your going to start to get star trails rather than static stars :shrug: try and get out when there is lest wind or try and shelter the camera from the wind, if you can weigh the tripod down that will help you (y)

Here are another lump of pictures for you guys! It is tough but looking forward to that photobook at the end showcasing all the pictures!

The girlfriend putting up with me dragging her around

40/365 by Esquisite_Photography, on Flickr

Under the deck at Cardiff Bay

41/365 by Esquisite_Photography, on Flickr

Another at the bay

42/365 by Esquisite_Photography, on Flickr

Different angle on the Senydd

43/365 by Esquisite_Photography, on Flickr

What is that bright light?! Is it the sun!! Surely not!

44/365 by Esquisite_Photography, on Flickr

Just a tree on a walk

45/365 by Esquisite_Photography, on Flickr

Beautiful photos! wow!!

Your gf looks thoroughly bored lol :D

Back