Essex - location ideas for gritty car shoot....

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

Apologies if this is the wrong section, wasn't sure where would be best.

I have a friend with a nice black Nissan GTR and would like to shoot it, country lanes and such don't really suit the car as it's quite 'mean'.

I was thinking somewhere gritty, graffiti, decent underground car park etc (one with suitable access for a large/low car.

He is Danbury based so somewhere relatively local would be good.

Hey Shabba,

Wharf Road in Chelmsford might be worth looking at for you. There's a, fairly unkempt, large and quiet carpark there with a graffiti wall at the end of it. In the evenings there doesn't tend to be any cars parked at the far end (where the graffiti is) so you should have a reasonable amount of freedom to shoot away. :)

Here's a clicky-bit to a google map with it's location marked.

Hope that helps! :)

Ross has nailed it there.. the only other place I can think of is one of the scrap yards such as temple farm at stock or a run down tower block estate in grays.

If you get around the Lakeside shopping area there are plenty of car-parks - usually with some retail store backdrop lighting. You'll find worn out signage for Arena Essex and karting which may (or may not) bring a nice irony to the shot or try underneath the QE2 bridge. The span of the bridge into the distance is very impressive...

Back