Essex Sunset ..... Help !!!!

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
:thinking:Undecided if this was the right thread...sure the MODs will tell me if not. Taken tonight I had to go against my usual beliefs that MY photos should be presented out of the camera (except maybe to alter the auto settings it comes up with on the RAW data). To get the image close to how it looked I had to HDR the bracketed images as I wanted to see the tree stump in the foreground. Got it someway there but I would have like a little bit more detail on the tree stump it's still too dark compared to the rest. :help: Can anyone give me some tips to bring out some of the detail in PS CS2 or should I have be able to get the camera to lighten the foreground in one of the bracketed shots. Any c&c welcome.

HDR_001.jpg

[S1]Team Sony[/S1]

:wave::help:Hay this is a first .... no helpers? from TP. Is it coz eyz Sony?:thinking: Or is everyone out taking pics in this fine weather?

[S1]Team Sony[/S1]

not sure about this
the stump looks like it was added
the edges are kinda fuzzy, too

you probably need to select the stump and then fiddle with curves to bring out the detail

not an expert in these matters!

Thanks for the reply mmcp42. This was my thoughts on this exactly. Its my 1st attempt at HDR and the originals from the camera show the stump in detail but the sky colours are blown or sky colours are correct and the stump is black silhouette.

natjag I took 3 bracketed shots at +/- .07

Just been through the rest of my images from yesterday and found this one. Which I like better as I haven't had to HDR or make any real changes apart from a bit of a crop and take off of the Auto settings from PS CS2 RAW Plugin.
Natjag thanks (y) for the tips in your PM I will take this in to consideration as I can revist the location as its local to me and I still want to get that composition. You hit the nail on the head though I need to RTM as I obviously don't know my kit as good as should. All good having these compositions in my head but I need to back them up with some knowledge.:bang:Once again thanks I knew TP Members wouldn't let me down.:clap:

Sunset6.jpg

[S1]Team Sony[/S1]

Back