Eurofigher Typhoon in all its glory! *new pics added*

Just amazing shots. Quality effort! These really show the power and true awesomeness these bit of kit have!? =)

4 awesome images, number 3 for me I think just for the bg and the burners.

All good shots but no.2 is something else. Excellent.

A very nice set Alastair :clap:

Mark

Incredible shots, especially with the afterburners on.

Last edited:
Very very nice! Number 3 shot at 98mm. :LOL: You must have been on the path running across! :)

Kev.

WOW - Nice shot - all of them - Did you go into the lake district to get these or around Yorkshire - I know a few guys who sit in a sertain few specs where the planes practice these moves and they operate below their seating area - they would not tell me where though.

There is another place in Lancashire - The Trough of Bowland - also good for heli togging

Great shots though(y)

serious question ..how do you hold your camera steady when one of these thunder through the valley? :eek: cracking shots too (y)

Great set

Stunning shots, and so close to them for those focal lengths too!

Great shots Alistair, no. 2 is a cracker.

Great shots. Is the Eurofighter a regular feature at Cad West? I'm thinking of heading there some time to test the 7D + 100-400 but would much prefer to see Eurofighters than only hawks ;-)

Lovely set. And nice to know that the 7d does work up there, and that when i get there it will be me that f's them up.

Lovely shots Alastair, but give 'em a sharpen and they'll knock your eye out.

Out of intereset, can someone please explain how these are allowed? I would have thought they would have asked questions of someone snapping away?

Out of intereset, can someone please explain how these are allowed? I would have thought they would have asked questions of someone snapping away?

Think the area they fly in is a little to big to police

Loop.png

thanks for the comments all. im hoping to head back up there on a trip funded by our universitys photography society :) and yea ct on another look it does look like some of them could do with abit more of a sharpen after being resized
in the meantime i have a few more images. (these are both fairly hard crops)
7#

8#

alastair

Last edited:

I dunno I get the impression that perhaps the pilots know the togs are there and sometimes tend to 'bandstand' a little?

Shot in a public place, there is no law against it? :shrug:

I dunno I get the impression that perhaps the pilots know the togs are there and sometimes tend to 'bandstand' a little?

Apparently there is a forum where pilots will request pictures... from what I hear :)

They wave and at times do a nice roll at certain parts of the loop.

Shot in a public place, there is no law against it? :shrug:

Apparently there is a forum where pilots will request pictures... from what I hear :)

Theres more than one.

Number 3 stands out.(y)
I'm after a 7D as well, awesome bit of kit. What lens were you using?:thinking:

If I was one of the pilots Id like to have a copy of the photos that i see here:):)
Wonder if anyones ever been approached by the pilots for a copy

lots of photographers on another forum have been contacted, through a middle man for images, unfortuantely it appears the american F15 pilots have screwed up once too often, in not sending a simple thanks by email, where as some of the brit pilots have sent squadron goodies and even one fella recieved a tour of a base!

The tornado on tuesday went straight on out to sea, but appeared to be looking at two fella on a hill hoping it turned sharp left infornt of them, next time round, sharp left turn, with a wave!!

If I was one of the pilots Id like to have a copy of the photos that i see here:):)
Wonder if anyones ever been approached by the pilots for a copy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They do. This is one of the emails I got a while ago...

Hawk xx220 12 Jun 09 on: June 17, 2009, 09:56:38 AM CDT

Hello there,

Can you pls email me a hi res pic of Hawk 220? I'm the dude flying it, and am soon posted back to Canada so would appreciate a copy of a great photo!

Thanks in advance, and nice work!

Capt Kevin "Cheez" **** ****

Canadian Air Force Exchange Officer, 208 Sqn.

More than happy to send them a full resolution image or two.

Kev.

Last edited:
Very nice! How did he know it was you? :)

As has been said earlier, they know which websites to look at for images posted. They then pm you usually if they want one.
This particular image wasn't one of my best. In fact I fluffed the focus. But it was all he had the chance of taking home.

Kev.

Great shots added!!! No 5 :clap: even if it is a crop(y) nailed it good - I really want to have a go at this - Just another aspect of Photography I want to try out - the list is getting longer though:LOL:

well done - and thanks for the info(y)

Back