Eurofighter Typhoon low flying 6th Feb

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
No
Here is the only half decent shot I got yesterday I chose the wrong place lightwise for the time of year on the hill at Tebay on the M6 completely nearly missed this guy he was on me so quickly :-

typhoontebay6feb1.jpg

typhoontebay6feb2.jpg

Bill

you still managed to fire off a couple of good shots though
nice reactions!

Hi Bill.

Dont you just hate it when that happens eh! nice shots though.

Did the traffic dry up for you in the afternoon also?

Steve...

Nice one Gordon both ends covered huh plus Steves at Dunmail great stuff.

I had a Harrier and a couple of Hawks and a Tuc Steve actually not a bad day for Tebay. As you already know though I was in the wrong place for photo's really.

Bill

Wow great shot guys. brilliant in fact. :clap:

Bill a question, do you manually set your lens, pre focus and wait for the aircraft. :shrug:

Quote completely nearly missed this guy he was on me so quickly
how did you capture such a sharp shot with very little time to react.....

Hi Gibbo depending on the conditions if it is a clear sunny 16 day we will probably shoot in TV mode and choose a shutter speed maybe for jets 1/800 or 1/1000 for props a bit slower then we will use the A1servo centre point camera in burst mode evaluative metering pick him up in the cross hairs as he approaches get the servo clicked in (we usually keep the lens pre-focussed at the distance we expect to pick them up so it reacts very quickly) then fire through the pan on a not so good day than prob AV maybe widest aperture you have and take pot luck on the shutter speed. We are always upping the ISO to keep the shutter speed up. Some guys do it differently it isn't one suit fits all you just have to find out what works for you. Funny but sometimes the best shots with tons of motion are shot at really slow shutter speeds on a naff day but they are more by good luck than good management lots of kudos when you nail one mind.

Good fun.

Bill

Thanks for that Bill, it pays off for you.... great shots

Simply stunning Bill, gotta love the Tiffie:D
Dean:)

well caught

I'm really liking those shots. This is something I've wanted to have a go at for ages and ages. Would finally get some use out of the spray and prey mode.

Cheers guys they are impressive at low level. Right on Joe couldn't wait to give it a tryout not the best conditions for a first foray with it but a couple of half decent shots bodes well I do like it very handy and good to use hand held for this stuff anyway I chose the wrong place to go really next time I will be up much closer see what detail it can capture.

Bill

Stunning :clap:

Excellent stuff, could have asked for his autograph, you were close enough :p.

great shots explora (Bill), how often do you go over that way? I'd like to get over there some time again this year?

Not often this time of year Wes everything depends on the weather and the light not much point in shooting this stuff in indifferent light and of course sitting around on a mountainside in the middle of winter isn't recommended so after Easter when the clocks go forward and we start getting some light to work with then I am usually across that way or down in Wales once a week.

Bill

Ah that explains why I always see Jets when I stop at Tebay services, I swear one went over them at about 100 foot last time I was there, set car alarms off and all sorts. The ducks in the little pond/lake thing couldnt seem to care less though :p

Great shots (y) :)

very very good and something i have had a little look for on the tinternet a few times..
i would love to try this one day this year must be a real great feeling when you nail one..:clap:

all the best (y)

md(y)

:clap: Excellent shots indeed.

They more than likely flew over the water treatment works where I work, I think they use the place for virtual target practice.

marvellous shots :eek:

Thanks guys yup Allan we climb up there and sit and wait and it can be a long wait and just when you nod off or rummage in your bag they are at you kit out Wed Dave was a Canon 1Dsmk11 and Sigma 120-300 f2.8.

Rgds
Bill

Back